Car help please

nice one - the badge doesnt bother me. The only consideration would be selling it again oin a few years

will check them out, is 1.6l a bit small for an estate though? My own car is a 1.9l and I wouldn't have thought anything smaller would have been enough? Underpowered cars are just annoying

The Skoda depreciates at a slow enough rate I think,as regards power as long as the 1.6 Diesel has a turbo I wouldn't worry so much about acceleration.

The new Hyundai i40 estates are nice, probably out or your price range at the moment though.
They've up their game in the last few years, I don't think they'll depreciate as much as they used to.

guys and gals

I freely admit to knowing almost nothing about cars bar how to drive them

1045.gif

The Skoda depreciates at a slow enough rate I think,as regards power as long as the 1.6 Diesel has a turbo I wouldn't worry so much about acceleration.

Correct on both accounts. Octavia drives nicely too IMO, as for brand snobbery, sometimes it exists for a reason (macs are more expensive than pcs but more reliable, less likely to get hacked, etc) but with Skoda, it's as good as a VW, it's a damn good car.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼