can anyone recommend a good back-doctor?

having a few problems with my back, need to see someone, any recommendations welcome, I've tried a few options already (chiropractic and acupuncture) and i'm leaning towards seeing an osteopath, but if anyone can recommend a better option (e.g. physio), i'm open to suggestions

cheers

It all depends on your situation. What I did first was get xrays done - it shows if you have any odd curves in your spine before treatment begins. A Chiro did this for me. I have a small curve in mine when looking straight on but v common apparently.

Anyway this is my experience, which is mirrored by alot of people I hear.

I went to a chiro - they tell you all problems stem from the spine - proceed to "crack" your spine and tell you to call back 2 times a week for the next month - then once or twice a month. After cracking, it would be ok for a few days but then it would get stiff again (My back that is, ahem)

Wasn't really getting anywhere so I tried an EXCELLENT physio that came recommended by my missus. He said most back pain is caused by bad posture and over time your back muscles gets knots in them and tighten up. He said the chiro isn't that good, as your muscles are the guide ropes that hold the spine in place - if the muscles are tight and you crack the spine then the tight muscles pull it all back again.

Anyway after a few physio session my back is much better, and he gave me alot of back strengtening excercses to do.
Many people recommend osteopaths as they work in conjunction with your skeleton and muscles. Supposed to be good but I haven't been to one.

I've been going to physio for a few years now for various injuries and one piece of advice I'll give you is this - ask everyone and anyone for a GOOD physios number. The difference between an ok one and a good one is like night and day. A few months back when I was trying the chiro I got a deep muscle massage from this typical air headed teenager who it felt like did a "massage course" through FAS in 3 days flat. She might as well have dropped a few marbles on my back. Still had to hand over the 50 quid no matter how shit they are...

Other than that, plent of streches and a hot water bottle too to free up the muscles.

Sorry I can't recommend you a physio, but I don't live in Ireland anymore, although I used to see an excellent sports injury guy in Mallow if your near there.

Let me know how you get on.

having a few problems with my back, need to see someone, any recommendations welcome, I've tried a few options already (chiropractic and acupuncture) and i'm leaning towards seeing an osteopath, but if anyone can recommend a better option (e.g. physio), i'm open to suggestions

cheers

Depending on pain and flexibility, strengthening the muscles that support posture, while lengthening your spine.

Eye-candy for the rest of you chaps:)

my sister sees an osteopath and swears by it, i was seeing a physo 3 times a week for a year with my back and it did feck all tried hydro therapy and found it much better. i think it all depends on the exact problem you have.

Few years ago I dropped 8ft off a mast and landed on my back over a winch.

165348.jpg

I've never felt pain like I did after that for weeks until the ole laid heard of this captain christmas.

Pat Tiedt
Knockgorm
Ballinspittle
Kinsale
Cork
Ireland
Contact Person: Pat
Phone: 021 477 8964

Good luck.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The 2 Johnnies
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.