Bus Eireann.

Otto did you know any of the “clippies” female bus conductors on the busses back in the early 1980s? Or the first female bus driver in Cork - I think her name was Geraldine, drove the number 8

Otto did you know any of the “clippies” female bus conductors on the busses back in the early 1980s? Or the first female bus driver in Cork - I think her name was Geraldine, drove the number 8

Where did the word clippie come from? Memories of the bus conductors,
I remember once the bus stopped suddenly and the conductor did a moonwalk down the aisle of the bus,

Jesus lads I've had to take the 206 bus twice in the last week and both times it's been an ordeal. The first time it just didn't show up so by the time a bus arrived at my stop it was full due to all the excess people that had been waiting for previous buses that didn't arrive.

Then today I planned strategically to get the 2pm so I wouldn't hit school tragic. 2:22 it fucking turned up.

Useless cunts.

SL 1 and SL 2 have joined up with 4 and 7 in Galway. SL 4 is still a staff shuttle bus while the others are now parked up with the recently withdrawn Expressway LC's and SP's.

2 of the 3 LD coaches that were here in Cork over the last few years were auctioned off during the week and are now with new operators in the UK.

Limerick is starting to receive its PADs, so their VWD'S will be appearing down this way also shortly.

VWD'S 401 - 410 and 429 are bedding in down here with routes like the 214 and 220x now becoming fully decker operated.

Last edited:
I was walking past Busaras this afternoon just as a 245x was pulling out. What a machine.

I'd be very tempted to take that between Dublin and Cork some time, I think the view from the upper deck would be something special. Mad to think there's a double decker doing Cork - Dublin.

You might get lucky, usually LC 300's operate that route.

LD's have certainly been on it and there is nothing better in the BE fleet currently.

The 3 LD's down here are usually on West Cork runs but the odd time on the Dumplin side LD's are put on it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Fairytale of The Pogues: A tribute by The Rapparees
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

29th Mar 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Throwback Thursdays - Spring Break Party

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼