Bus Eireann.

Unions are demanding capacity is kept to 75% until end of october,
How are people going to get to work, college etc? Extra services would be a help, I have witnessed over crowding on midleton to cork early morning train pre covid,

How are people going to get to work, college etc? Extra services would be a help, I have witnessed over crowding on midleton to cork early morning train pre covid,

I had to take a bus yesterday and it was busy but thankfully not busy enough that there was someone sitting next to me. I genuinely don't think I'd feel comfortable with that yet.

The unions should be told where to go, it is very strange now to see bus drivers wearing masks any longer.

I personally love travelling long bus journeys. I hate city buses but I love nothing more than hopping on an Expressway service and watching the countryside go by. Trains are great but you just see stations. Buses bring you through towns and villages you've never heard of.

My longest ever bus journey was 16 hours. Chisinau to Lviv, in July, with no aircon.

Glad I did it but not a fuckin hope would I do anything like that again.

Lviv is a beautiful place.all those ex commie spots are overlooked by your average Traveller but I’ve had many great trips to those places. Thankfully my line of work used to take me to these oddities.

Lviv is a beautiful place.all those ex commie spots are overlooked by your average Traveller but I’ve had many great trips to those places. Thankfully my line of work used to take me to these oddities.

Lviv is lovely alright, it's like Prague without the tourists. I've spent a lot of time in Eastern Europe but haven't gone further East than Moscow. I'd say a lot of those regional Russian cities are fairly grim.

I went to a late night restaurant in Lviv, you had to give a password to get in (Slava Ukrainia). It was down in a cellar with AK 47s up on the wall, and all the food and drink served in those army issue metal containers. Strange spot.

Yalta down in the Crimea is another lovely place, at least it was when it was still part of Ukraine. Here's one for us bus geeks - The Simferopol to Yalta route is the longest trolleybus journey in the world.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

31st Mar 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼