Boston + New York

Heading across to Trump land next year for first time.
10 days in all , in April. Arriving and departing from Boston .

Just wondering what most convenient and reasonable areas to stay + If we went to New York how long would suffice .

All other tips greatly appreciated

Thanks

There's a thread here already on NY.

Personally I like to stay in Manhattan - check out the rates on the New Yorker Hotel, I found them ok (ok, not cheap as chips)

Airbnb sorted me with a one bedroom apt in lower East Side once so worth a shot.

4 or 5 days to see all you need but you could spend a year there and not see all that the place has to offer.

The Whitby Restaurant inside the Whitby Hotel is simply stunning. It's not cheap but the food is outstanding. If you want to celebrate a special occasion or just impress wifey, take her there. Don't worry about it supposedly being "luxury". When we went there (Sunday afternoon) the place was packed and like myself many were wearing jeans. There were a few families there having the afternoon tea menu.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g60763-d12287293-Reviews-The_Whitby_Bar-New_York_City_New_York.html

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza, Times Square, which was absolutely brilliant. I asked for a high floor and they gave me a corner room on the 45th floor with views of Times Square from one window and Broadway from the other. We were able to walk everywhere without the need for taxis, so saved a few dollars.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g60763-d93454-Reviews-Crowne_Plaza_Times_Square_Manhattan-New_York_City_New_York.html

Just around the corner is the Times Square Diner, (Times Square Diner & Grill, 807 8th Ave) where we had breakfast every morning. There's usually a queue but we never had to wait more than 5 minutes and it's as cheap as chips.

The NY thread already covers a lot.

If it's your first time in NY then stay in Manhattan, I've been a few time so I think I'll stay in Brooklyn next time for a change of scene.
Don't be afraid of the subway either, give it a lash, you'll save a fortune on cabs.

I love Boston, I have to say, it's alot smaller than New York and it feels more "Irish/European".

Hello. NY is mega. Get yourself a breakfast in Brooklyn Diner and order the Mixed Marriage of Irving and Gina. Maybe get the Chocolate Chip pancakes if you fancy something sweet.

Stay in Manhattan. The New Yorker is ok. It's weird but central. Go to a Basketball game. It's fun. Central Park is lovely at Christmas. It feels like the movie Home Alone. Also, check out the Islands on the Ferry.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jeito Moleque
The Kino, Washington Street West

12th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Light and Shade

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼