Best/Worst Sopranos character?

Just finished watching the entire Soprano's for the first time. I'm finally informed enough to share my feelings now... Thoroughly enjoyed it. A few personal gripes, though...Too many dream sequences which appeared like show filler. Also, too many therapy discussions. Dr Melfi's voice didn't help that fact either.

Anyways, who did you think was the shows best/worst character? Or am I seven years too late for anyone else to give a flying fuck?

For me:

Best- Difficult call between Johnny Sacs & Richie Aprile. I'll have to give it to Johnny because Richie was only in one full season. Really enjoyed both, though.

Worst: A-J. What a pathetic fucker. Hated everything about him from start to finish.

Wow. What a way to miss the point. Bravo!

What does the expression, "shoegazing" mean? I've heard it a couple of times before and I don't understand the reference.
Agree however I cannot stand that lisping buggeyed actress in anything.

the phrase started with a music genre in the 80s, a kind of rock where the musicians would stare at their shoes in a kind of introspective stance.

They were all great , if you liked them it's because you were meant to , likewise if you hated the character. It's acting folks.

This again.

AJ, Christopher, etc, were whiny, unlikaable assholes, but still well written (neither was particularly well acted, but that's kinda beside the point.)

People dislike Carmela because she gave Tony a hard time, but he pretty much deserved it, and because she whined, but come on, Tony gave her plenty of reasons (the same applies to Skyler in Breaking Bad). That doesn't mean she's a 'bad' character.

It's a drama, folks. Some of the people are meant to wreck your head, just like in real life.

In terms of badly dramatised characters, I think Paulie was great craic and all, but actually a bit OTT and unrealistic for it. But Sil, he's my man.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Living Images (NC) [Baltic Film Festival]
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

19th Apr 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Anatomy Of A Fall (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 5pm

More events ▼