Best Ad on telly at the moment

Is it just me or does anyone else hate all those english tv adds on irish telly? I dont know they just bug me! Stupid english accents...

Is it just me or does anyone else hate all those english tv adds on irish telly? I dont know they just bug me! Stupid english accents...

RTÉ and TV3 are treated as an ITV "Region" by most media airtime buyers in London. This means that a company launching a "national" campaign will buy airtime in bulk across the entire network in the UK, and if the campaign is being run in Ireland, they will include spots on the Irish terrestrial channels as well.

Many satellite channels sell airtime in Ireland separately from the UK now with Sky media sales handling most of the advertising sales from offices in Dublin.

Some brands, notably Budweiser, use an english agency but produce different ads for the Irish market where the brand is being pitched as a "premium" beer, in the Diageo stable with Carlsberg being pitched at the "hewye" soccer folllowing demographic.

GM uses it's Opel brand in Ireland and majors on the quality of it's German engineering, and in the UK it uses a brand called "Vauxhall," which majors on the fact that it is a British company.

The cars are identical however, apart from the badges.

It is interesting to see how companies "pitch" their products in different markets.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Roamer
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

10th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Cork City Organ Group

Cantys, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼