Benny does it again.

So Ziggys has officially been rebranded "The Park", and they're offering €1,000 for someone to decorate the exterior walls.

Great initiative. Really getting the locals on their side.

Let's hope after all the uproar people will be stepping forward

End of June according to the rumours I'm hearing.

I finished up work yesterday and fancied a pint in town, so I went to the Mutton Lane. I had my first pint there since I was unceremoniously refused around 2 years ago.

Absolutely gorgeous pint of Guinness if must be said, and a steal at €5.20. The place was buzzing at half 5, just like the old days. Good to see a lot of the older heads around, availing of the generous pensioner prices offered by Benny.

Pricey for a Guinness alright but be careful suggesting it was stealing to charge that. It goes against your "Benny is Bono" vibe

So Ziggys has officially been rebranded "The Park", and they're offering €1,000 for someone to decorate the exterior walls.

Spend a tenner on bread and corn and scatter it around "The Park". Just wait for yon pigeons to decorate the place. Pocket the other €990. Simples!

I hope I'll get an invite to the reopening of the place just for old times sake. I'll even spend some of the €990 in there 😇

Pricey for a Guinness alright but be careful suggesting it was stealing to charge that. It goes against your "Benny is Bono" vibe

To be fair €5.20 is very good for a pint of Guinness in such a central location. I've paid more for shit pints in Turners Cross.

I'm at the stage now where my money is so important that I'm not prepared to spend it on a sub-par pint. No matter how much I like a pub and the staff, I can't justify paying money if the pint isn't 10/10. Unfortunately my beloved Nana's has fallen victim to this policy and I haven't been there in over a month.

Any suggestions for an always reliable pint of stout in town? Mutton was exceptional yesterday, and I'm not just saying that because I love Benny.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Whole Lotta Zepp

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼