Batsh*t Crazy Green Party

Not for much longer. Irish Water to be a stand alone utility soon (not sure of date, think it might be 1/1/23.

Interesting: I thought it was a conflict of interest alright. Like he's increasing the price of bottled water by taxing it, and he's at the same time delivering water directly to peoples houses.

And yes, I know, the Green Party and their acolytes will say "it isn't a tax, you get the money back when you bring the bottle back." So if you recycle at the moment at home, you get no refund. It's a tax on household recycling.

Still, if what you say is accurate, I guess Tony needed a chairmanship somewhere.........

Interesting: I thought it was a conflict of interest alright. Like he's increasing the price of bottled water by taxing it, and he's at the same time delivering water directly to peoples houses.

And yes, I know, the Green Party and their acolytes will say "it isn't a tax, you get the money back when you bring the bottle back." So if you recycle at the moment at home, you get no refund. It's a tax on household recycling.

Still, if what you say is accurate, I guess Tony needed a chairmanship somewhere.........
They're rebranding themselves as Uisce Eireann to get away from the stigma of Irish Water.
Probably paid some consultant €250K to come up with that.

The Household Recycling Tax initiative is actually set up by the beverage producers. The Chairman, former Quinnsworth Manager and subsequently CEO of Tesco Ireland is very familiar with techniques used to encourage people into retail settings. I'm sure it will all work out very well.

Particularly since the voucher scheme will be run by someone with vast experience of customer loyalty schemes and data analytics, having been involved in the launch of the Tesco Clubcard here in Ireland.

Why recycle at home, when you can be forced into visiting a retailer to do the exact same thing in a way that will merely duplicate a perfectly working system? Ok, maybe some people will accept the 15c charge for recycling at home, but many people will make journeys to Tesco and other retail outlets thereby increasing the amount of journeys.

And of course, footfall into Tesco. And other retailers.

If this was an FF or FG or SF stunt, the chattering classes would be all over it. But as the batshit crazy Green Party has already proven by appointing drug dealers to state bodies, if you just put the words "It's for the environment" in front of it, you can get away with traditional naked political cronyism without question.

Naw.

The Chairman is Tony Keohane. Ex Tesco. He’s also the Chairman of Ervia the parent company of Irish Water.

Another government appointment. I suppose it’s nice work if you can get it.

Alarm bells should be ringing loudly on this.

I learnt recently that there's a Boil Water notice in Kilavullen, not for days, not for weeks, but for many months!!!! I was speaking to a colleague from up there and they said that their biggest issue now isn't so much the hardship they've had to endure but the fact that there seems to be no end in sight as Eriva, or Irish Water or Uisce Eireann or Friends of Eamon or whatever label they want to put on themselves, seem to have no clue as to what is causing the problem necessitating the Boil Water notices. 😞

The toll increase has been deferred for 6 months at a cost of 12 million to the state.

"The Green Party is proud to be the antidote to such populism" was Sleepy Ryan's speech just a couple of days ago when he accused others of dealing in Rhetoric and Populism

He's a See You Next Tuesday

"The Green Party is proud to be the antidote to such populism" was Sleepy Ryan's speech just a couple of days ago when he accused others of dealing in Rhetoric and Populism

He's a See You Next Tuesday
You do know Ryan isn't the only member of the government, surely you know that, don't you?
At least Ryan came out before this decision and told us that the state would have to fund the difference, didn't see your lot mentioning it when they put down their private members motion.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

10th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼