Batsh*t Crazy Green Party

What I'm against is the self-servers like Eamon Ryan virtue signaling while trying to make a political acumen out of what right thinking people would likely be doing anyway.

There were "green" activists long before Ryan saw it as being a way of feathering his own nest. That's why he's despised by many who're a lot greener than most.

If Eamon Ryan had the choice between doing something good for the planet and doing something good for Eamon Ryan he'd opt for the latter each and every time.
Absolute nonsense, you might not agree with policies but denying him being a green activist feathering his own nest is poppycock. He set up a cycling holiday company when he was 26.

Not that many plastic bottles festooning any of the various beaches I've been on tbh. Yes it'll mean the cans and plastic bottles will be returned but there are other forms of plastic in societal use. Thankfully with the plastic bin reduction (in fairness to Micheal Martin I think that came in on his watch) our beaches are much better than they were. But the guaranteed income to a quango does seem a bit dodgy. Are there links between the guy at the head of it and the Greens and/or Ryan?
A not for profit company seems dodgy?

People should be discouraged from buying bottled water and minerals, in places like Cork city where everyone has access to safe drinking water on tap there is no justification for all the bottled water that is being bought.

I would put a punitive tax on bottled water to get consumers to give up that brainless habit.
1669725621169.png
Buy a reusable water bottle, fill it from the tap. Save a nice few bob over time & do your bit for the environment.
Simple solutions are usually the best.

Said it often before - I might disagree with Ryan's ideologically driven approach to climate change but the guy genuinely believes in his policies and seems genuine and decent enough ol sort. I don't want him in government but that personally he seems sound enough.

People should be discouraged from buying bottled water and minerals, in places like Cork city where everyone has access to safe drinking water on tap there is no justification for all the bottled water that is being bought.

I would put a punitive tax on bottled water to get consumers to give up that brainless habit.
Are you being serious with this?

Said it often before - I might disagree with Ryan's ideologically driven approach to climate change but the guy genuinely believes in his policies and seems genuine and decent enough ol sort. I don't want him in government but that personally he seems sound enough.
Fair and honest assessment.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼