Barrack St. In (More Of) A State

There seems to be movement on Barracks street tbf. The new development where Nancy Spains was has taken care of a number of previously derelict buildings and there are derelict site notices pinned to the next dodgy section closer to the bridge.

Tbh I haven't walked up Barrack Street in over a year so I'll take your word for it.

I live in the South Parish and Douglas Street isn't much better. You're taking your life in your hands when it's windy due to slates being blown off roofs. The footpaths are a disgrace too, I saw a guy in a wheelchair using the road recently as the footpath was so bad.

Tbh I haven't walked up Barrack Street in over a year so I'll take your word for it.

I live in the South Parish and Douglas Street isn't much better. You're taking your life in your hands when it's windy due to slates being blown off roofs. The footpaths are a disgrace too, I saw a guy in a wheelchair using the road recently as the footpath was so bad.
I'd have thought both areas would have flourished from the extra footfall that came about from the new event centre FF/FG built.
What a man Enda is, kept to his 2011 promises AND ALSO ended the scandal of people on trollies aswell.
Not like he lied, broke all of his promises and sailed off into the sunset is it?

Amazing there's nothing about it on the Echo's website. They're asleep at the wheel.

Daily Express/CorkBeo are all over it.

Loads of damage to houses around the Lough. It was a mini tornedo.
They must have read your post because the following minute this was published;

I'd have thought both areas would have flourished from the extra footfall that came about from the new event centre FF/FG built.
What a man Enda is, kept to his 2011 promises AND ALSO ended the scandal of people on trollies aswell.
Not like he lied, broke all of his promises and sailed off into the sunset is it?

By jove I'm in shock.

You've actually managed to put together an entire post without once mentioning "Fatty O'Brien"

I was going to go to barrack street tomorrow. I'd appreciate if anyone can let me know if it is fully open. I was hoping to look for an old piece of crockery in the antique shop . I have a set given to me by my grandmother and as usual one plate of the set is missing. I would like to replace it and someone said their stuff is real old and might be luckey to get the missing piece. Is the guy with the glasses easy to deal with the most I want to spend is 10 to 20 euro t max.

I was going to go to barrack street tomorrow. I'd appreciate if anyone can let me know if it is fully open. I was hoping to look for an old piece of crockery in the antique shop . I have a set given to me by my grandmother and as usual one plate of the set is missing. I would like to replace it and someone said their stuff is real old and might be luckey to get the missing piece. Is the guy with the glasses easy to deal with the most I want to spend is 10 to 20 euro t max.
Sometimes there’s boxes of china and such sold very cheaply in auctions at Woodwards. Not as straightforward as going into a shop but worth knowing.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼