Balls.ie diss "Absolutely Shambolic" Turners Cross

Balls.ie diss "Absolutely Shambolic" Turners Cross

I've been in the media game a long time, long enough to feel like we get a pretty raw fucking deal in terms of public perception at times.... But then I read utter fuckwittery like this, and you know what? No wonder so many people think journos are cunts.

http://www.balls.ie/football/turner...ic-venue-for-tonights-ireland-friendly/334986

"Oh no, there's no WiFi" wa-wa-wa! Eh, yeah, and there are people who cover games there every second week [and stadiums like it all over the country, maybe you haven't heard of it, this "League of Ireland" thing], while you'll never be back, and guess what? They get fucking on with it.

Embarrassing.

There were quite a few members of the 4th estate made pricks of themselves over the last few days but you can always count on Joeballs.ie to turn it up to 11. There must have been massive effort put in by a lot of people many of whom are volunteers to get that game played and I haven't seen it acknowledged in many places. The gas thing is the bit about it being a good thing to see Ireland taken out of Dublin but not to Turners Cross. Where the fuck else so? Thomond? What did we get, two or three thousand lining out there a few years ago?

There's actually a more important and competitive game taking place in the box on Friday night that should receive plenty of media attention and I doubt if you'll hear too many people whinging about wifi at it.

During the match it actually occurred to me how well the pitch was looking, fair play to all involved at TX

Using your phone as a personal hotspot would be an unreal idea if some tech fella could design it btw

I joined the balls.ie euros fan group on facebook just to keep an eye out for tickets while we were still trying to get ours, the absolute state of the shit some of the people on it are coming out wth

"Will they be checking passports in cherbourg, cos mine is expired so I'm gonna get the ferry instead" was one classic

Their target audience are simpletons.

To me it reads like he's saying that LOI clubs need more support from the FAI or govt to develop the facilities in their grounds to a better standard.

Let's get him, guys.

They deleted the article from FB after the slaughtering the writer got from it...crying about no wifi...era Balls.ie is the sports version of Joe.ie/Pundit areana Copy and pasting others articles and passing it off as their own news story

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Steve Hughes (Australia)
City Limits, Coburg St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase

The Roundy, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼