Bad Renting Experiences.

Dead bodies in the summer are the worst. If unattended they bloat and burst- Worst smell and then the bugs in and out of the mouth and eyes. Winter, when removing bodies to a lorry, ye had to break legs and arms to fit them all in.

You must have rented a dodgy flat sometime or did houseshare Aislegullim?.

I can't understand why your neighbours complained, ye seem like the perfect tenants.

No,never lol

My first house share was a gorgeous apartment in San Francisco.
Me and 3 others from Cork. Great craic but not a rat or cockroach in sight!

Following on from the Worst Flat In Cork? thread, most of us have rented/are renting, so what are your worst memories about doing so?.

For me the first flat I rented had rats in it, yes RATS, they used come in through the roof in the early hours of the morning, I would hear them scurrying about in the Kitchen and there was no door from the Kitchen up to my bedroom!!!. I nearly had a nervous breakdown in that god damn place.The building was also broken into while I was in bed, (I could hear them trying my door)and the flat over mine was ransacked.

Next flat had a drug addict living next door to me, and the building became infested with mice a couple of months after I moved in.

Flat number three had a very weird but harmless man living across from me and a dirty old man living downstairs from me.He would come out into the hall when he would hear me using the washing machine wearing only boxer shorts and would knock on my door saying he thought the landlord lived there.He also kept asking me to go into his flat to look at the TV, heating etc. etc. that wasn't working properly.

There are more but that's the first three anyway, so what are your worst experiences about renting?.

I rented a flat with my then girlfriend in North London many years ago. It needed work so the landlord said if I did some repairs he'd offset them against the rent, which was appealing because we were skint at the time.

We were there a few weeks and I went off to work one morning but had to
return almost immediately as I forgot something.

Went in and there was the landlord in my bedroom snooping around. He gave me some line about checking to see if there was any repairs that needed doing but I freaked.

Threatened to call the cops and report him so he offered me our deposit back. Couldn't stay another night in the place though.

God only knows what the twisted fuck was up to.

Dead bodies in the summer are the worst. If unattended they bloat and burst- Worst smell and then the bugs in and out of the mouth and eyes. Winter, when removing bodies to a lorry, ye had to break legs and arms to fit them all in.

Jesus, what kind of job did you have?.

No,never lol

My first house share was a gorgeous apartment in San Francisco.
Me and 3 others from Cork. Great craic but not a rat or cockroach in sight!

Lucky you, at least I can look back now and laugh (kinda, not about the rats though).

I rented a flat with my then girlfriend in North London many years ago. It needed work so the landlord said if I did some repairs he'd offset them against the rent, which was appealing because we were skint at the time.

We were there a few weeks and I went off to work one morning but had to
return almost immediately as I forgot something.

Went in and there was the landlord in my bedroom snooping around. He gave me some line about checking to see if there was any repairs that needed doing but I freaked.

Threatened to call the cops and report him so he offered me our deposit back. Couldn't stay another night in the place though.

God only knows what the twisted fuck was up to.

He probably wanted to try on your girlfriends underwear gozzy, take pics of himself on yer bed, ....................... you get the picture, sure you probably have the video.;)

He probably wanted to try on your girlfriends underwear gozzy, take pics of himself on yer bed, ....................... you get the picture, sure you probably have the video.;)

Even I'm not that sick.

He was a real greaseball too, one of those washing-optional people.

Jesus, what kind of job did you have?.

Lucky you, at least I can look back now and laugh (kinda, not about the rats though).

Sweet J--It was when I was in the US Marine corp.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Elephant Sessions
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

20th Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼