Average Gas / Electric Bills

Two temp switches, one in the kitchen, one in the main bedroom. I have the one in kitchen set at 15 and one in bedroom at 20
I leave them on that temp I do not switch off, although you can set them to go on and off ,I was told just to let them on.
That doesn’t make a lot of sense Nan. 15 degrees is freezing, so I presume it’s never actually dropping to that? Any living space should be set at around 21-22 degrees but in a well insulated home it would never drop below 19 degrees with no heat at all on so you should only be making up 2-3 degrees. In that case the rooms set at 15 should never be calling for heat and the rooms at 20 would only need a small amount so something is wrong if you are getting big bills.

Regardless I would set the rooms by temperature and time, there’s no point heating spaces while you are asleep and they’re not even being used

The kitchen does not drop as I have a solid fuel burner in the living room burning coal. With the door open it does all downstairs and also heats upstairs a bit. I will set the timer on the bedroom, I think that's the one that uses most, and also try and workout how to turn off the boiler. I looked in, it has a big tank, two expansion tanks and pipes running everywhere. A switch to turn off heating. I deffo need someone to look as it looks super complicated. One more thing, the insulation is great as when it gets warm it stays warm.
I think you need someone to explain the system to you, there is a lot of kit with these things but ultimately they are very straight forward once you have it set up right as you just let it do it’s thing then. The only time I interact at all with my heating system is to put it on holiday mode if we are away, other than that it was set up about 4 years ago and I haven’t touched a button since

If you have a heat pump you do t have a boiler, that kit in the plant room is the hot water cylinder, expansion vessels and pumps

The kitchen does not drop as I have a solid fuel burner in the living room burning coal. With the door open it does all downstairs and also heats upstairs a bit. I will set the timer on the bedroom, I think that's the one that uses most, and also try and workout how to turn off the boiler. I looked in, it has a big tank, two expansion tanks and pipes running everywhere. A switch to turn off heating. I deffo need someone to look as it looks super complicated. One more thing, the insulation is great as when it gets warm it stays warm.
If you have a heat pump fitted it should be left on all of the time. It will operate on demand. One expansion tank is for the hot water and the other for the heating system.
The heat pump will either be a Monobloc or split system type. Monobloc will be a complete unit outside connected to a Buffer/cylinder and zone valves inside.
The split system type will have an outdoor evaporator connected to an indoor condenser heat exchanger inside. This will I turn be connected to a buffer/cylinder and zone valves.
if it’s a recently fitted unit why not get the plumbing contractor back to explain the heat pump operation. That the least they could do.

Anyone get caught by this?

Since 8th June, Iberdrola electricity customers have been automatically transferred to Electric Ireland, who will contact you shortly.

Unfortunately it is now not possible to change your supplier until the 1st September, at which point you can switch to a different supplier of your choice, without paying an early exit fee, if you wish to do so.

This process has been implemented by the energy regulator, the CRU.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼