Aussie Santee photo's from 2003 - Fota on Ice

Back when I was a poor Aussie backpacker, I picked up a gig, firstly as Pete the Penguin on Fota Island as a mascot for the ice rink. I look back fondly on the beatings I copped from boys aged between 8 to 14 who thought a penguin needed a kicking. I found out the hard way flippers were no good for defending yourself. For some reason the owners of Fota On Ice decided I would make a good Santee, even though I was a skinny bastard. They had one Santee already but with a 2 hour wait to see him, they realised they needed a back up. So about 3000 Corkonian kids whose parents paid 14 euro per child, got ripped off by seeing me, a skinny Aussie with his Polish housemates pillows gaffer taped to his guts, dressed up as Santee. Now I have kids of my own, I realise I have no photo's of my time as a Fota on Ice Santee to show them in future. I am asking if anyone has photo's from 2003 at Fota on Ice with a Santee that has brown shoes (They asked me to buy black shoes but being a tight arse backpacker, I just wore my brown hiking boots) to share with me. It was one of the best experiences of my life and would love to see some memories.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Roamer
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

10th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼