Argos goes bang

Always thought it a bit of a weird business model.

We have the stuff - it's back here so you can't see it - pick it out of the catalogue over there - same price as every other shop.

I never bought much in Argos but their customer service and return/exchange policy was very fair.

Leaves another gaping shop-front cavity in the city centre to be filled by a vape/phone repair/tat retailer.

Handy every now and then but has been declining force in retail for years now. Most of the UK stores have also closed. Sainsburys made big mistake in paying top dollar for it, just before effects of online retail on traditional stores became apparent.
Had a huge presence when I first moved to UK in late 80s, early 90s. Had colleagues who did practically all their non food/clothing shopping there.

We have the stuff - it's back here so you can't see it - pick it out of the catalogue over there - same price as every other shop.

I never bought much in Argos but their customer service and return/exchange policy was very fair.

Leaves another gaping shop-front cavity in the city centre to be filled by a vape/phone repair/tat retailer.

To be fair they've been gone from the City centre for years.

Sad to see though, that's a massive scalp. Always liked Argos, and last time I was in the Blackpool store just before Christmas they were very helpful.

Balls, it was handy out

Screwfix have the same model

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

3rd May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Kevin Quigley

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼