Abba

Loved The Visitors when I was a little child. It was probably the first album I ever got into as it was in the house. I used to play it all the time once I was old enough to figure out how to use the turn table. I think I scratched the shit out of it.

'The Day Before You Came' is criminally underrated.

Loved The Visitors when I was a little child. It was probably the first album I ever got into as it was in the house. I used to play it all the time once I was old enough to figure out how to use the turn table. I think I scratched the shit out of it.

🤔
Interesting song.

Funnily enough the doc name checked just that song

I look at the old ABBA videos and think what a genius set up it was. Catchy tunes that any bloke could half appreciate. Fronted by two hotties - a blonde and a brunette. The two lads in the background grinning from ear to ear of course and who could blame then.

Edit: SOS is a f*ck off pop song. Pete Townsend, I believe said it was the best pop song ever written. That’s high praise. The wall of sound building to a top over a relatively simple melody. The two old dolls, understated and classy, but still giving it loads. The lads of course grinning from cheek to cheek ….

SOS is a belter, about 3 hooks, unreal songwriting.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

3 Of A Kind

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼