Anyone here at U2 in Pairc Ui Chaoimh in 1987?

I was at U2 at the pairc in '87(The Joshua Tree Tour). The 8th of August if I remember correctly with support from UB40 and The Dubliners.

Was at Jackson in '88 and Prince in 1990. Also saw U2 in The Point on the 27th December 1989 (Lovetown Tour) and again in the pairc in 1993 (Zoo TV).

87 U2 and it was UB40 . Jackson 88 was Kim Wilde and I have to agree with many Prince was absolutely shiite. He actually asked the crowd singing Ole Ole Ole if they wanted to hear him sing or them .
Jackson was unbelievable brilliant at the time .
I was young going to all these with my brother and sister whom are older but U2 were outstanding and so was Jackson
Prince just awful.
😊
U2 in 1987 was a superb show. Their music was at it's highest point then imo.
I was close to the stage at Jackson and it seemed that he was miming the songs. He didn't talk to the crowd very much either!

87 U2 and it was UB40 . Jackson 88 was Kim Wilde and I have to agree with many Prince was absolutely shiite. He actually asked the crowd singing Ole Ole Ole if they wanted to hear him sing or them .
Jackson was unbelievable brilliant at the time .
I was young going to all these with my brother and sister whom are older but U2 were outstanding and so was Jackson
Prince just awful.
Best part of the Prince gig was when the mist rolled in across the pitch just in time for Purple Rain. The lights came alive. Also, don't forget that Stockton's Wing opened the show for Michael Jackson in '88.

I met a guy today called Colm Henry. Took loads of famous U2 shots as well as Lizzy and Rory G, including the famous one of Rory and Lizzy together at Punchestown. Very nice man and fascinating to get an insight into his work.

He definitely came across as someone with the "I used to be someone" mentality. Was a bit down on himself til I said how iconic his work was, and he kind of smiled.

Best part of the Prince gig was when the mist rolled in across the pitch just in time for Purple Rain. The lights came alive. Also, don't forget that Stockton's Wing opened the show for Michael Jackson in '88.
I had forgotten about that Quinny
Stocktons Wing I still listen to them some great tunes

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

1st Jun 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼