3rd Level GAA 2021/22

Scorers for MTU Cork: Damien Gore 0-8, David Buckley 0-4, Finbarr Murphy, Conall Kennedy, David O’Connor 0-1 each.

Scorers for UCC: Mark Cronin (0-1f), Conor Geaney (0-1f), Fionn Herlihy, Colm O’Callaghan, Ronan Dalton (0-1f) 0-2 each, Rian Quigley, Brian Murphy, Sean O’Connor (0-1f) 0-1 each.

MTU:
1. Ryan Scully (St Finbarr’s, Cork)

2. Paul Ring (Aghabullogue, Cork), 17. Niall Donohue (Firies, Kerry), 4. Adam Murphy (Aghabullogue, Cork)
5. Rory Maguire (Castlehaven, Cork), 6. John Cooper (Éire Óg, Cork), 7. Brian Hodnett (Carbery Rangers, Cork)

8. Daniel O’Connell (Kanturk, Cork), 9. Cillian O’Donovan (Macroom, Cork)

10. Chris O’Donoghue (Glenflesk, Kerry), 22. Gavin O’Brien (Kerins O’Rahilly’s, Kerry), 12. Conall Kennedy (Clonmel Commercials, Tipperary)

13. Damien Gore (Kilmacabea, Cork), 14. David Buckley (Newcestown, Cork), 15. David O’Connor (St Vincent’s, Cork)

Subs

23. Dylan O’Connor (Castletownroche) for O’Connor (46)

3. Colm O’Shea (Kilshannig, Cork) for Hodnett (46)

11. Finbarr Murphy (Legion, Kerry) for O’Donovan (48)

19. Aodán Behan (St Senan’s, Kerry) for Donohue (48)

27. Thomas Casey (Kiskeam, Cork) for O’Brien (61)

UCC
1. Dylan Foley (Éire Óg, Cork)

4. Jack Harney (Moyle Rovers, Tipperary), 3. Brian Murphy (Nemo Rangers, Cork), 17. Liam Wall (Kilmurry, Cork)

5. Niall Geaney (Dingle, Kerry), 6. Cian Gammell (Killarney Legion, Kerry), 7. Daniel O’Brien (Glenflesk, Kerry)

8. Brian Hartnett (Douglas, Cork), 19. Shane Merritt (Mallow, Cork)

10. Colm O’Callaghan (Éire Óg, Cork), 11. Ronan Dalton (Nemo Rangers, Cork), 21. Fionn Herlihy (Dohenys, Cork)

13. Mark Cronin (Nemo Rangers, Cork), 14. Conor Geaney (Dingle, Kerry), 15. Sean O’Connor (Clonmel Commercials, Tipperary).

Subs

23. Riain Quigley (Moyle Rovers, Tipperary) for O’Connor (36)

28. Diarmuid Phelan (Aghada, Cork) for Harney (36)

31. Conor Hayes (Kerins O’Rahillys, Kerry) for Dalton (59)

Referee: Cormac Dineen (Cork)

Was out there last night great crowd stand was full before throw in,as already said Gore and Buckley were the stand out players special mention to Ring who was prepared to put his body on the line to prevent a score.
UCC were poor but will improve when they get the Stacks players back for the next round.
CIT v Tralee in the next round ,Tralee are supposed to have a serious team.

Tralee have Mike Breen, Tony Brosnan, Darragh Moynihan and Jack Savage all off the Kerry seniors. Maybe more that I’m unaware of. Trained by Aidan O’Mahony. They beat UCD yesterday which was a big win although looking at the UCD team it’s not the force it was a few years ago. UL and the winners of MTUK and MTUC will be strong contenders for the title. Wouldn’t rule out UCC bouncing back either as another poster mentioned.

Was out there last night great crowd stand was full before throw in,as already said Gore and Buckley were the stand out players special mention to Ring who was prepared to put his body on the line to prevent a score.
UCC were poor but will improve when they get the Stacks players back for the next round.
CIT v Tralee in the next round ,Tralee are supposed to have a serious team.
And will be stronger when they get he Barrs players back !

I see on kerry football blog that kerry folk have it that the Cork MTU & kerry MTU game will be on in in Tralee next Tuesday evening @ 7pm on the a home and away arrangement. They last met in the early 2000. My understanding game was/ is fixed for MTU Cork.

I see on kerry football blog that kerry folk have it that the Cork MTU & kerry MTU game will be on in in Tralee next Tuesday evening @ 7pm on the a home and away arrangement. They last met in the early 2000. My understanding game was/ is fixed for MTU Cork.
Think its MTU Cork...they would try anything !

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Thursday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼