School Places Selection Process

the proposal from the labour party on the abolition of preferential treatment of children who had parents or grandparents attending a school is due to get an airing in the dail soon.

the proposal from the labour party on the abolition of preferential treatment of children who had parents or grandparents attending a school is due to get an airing in the dail soon.

Watch the price of housing close to desired schools increase if that Labour Party proposal gets passed and it doesn't matter what school your folks attended (don't think it's even the third factor these days) when getting accepted to a school.

From memory I think the first one is resident within the school's catchment area; second is a sibling already attending the school; third is had you attended a "feeder school" (though that might be fourth behind parents. Grand parents is a stretch.

lol in CBC no matter how did you in the entrance exam you get in if your dad was there. Same as the primary. If you were a a student in CBC primary you get straight in even if you got like All Zeroes in the entrance exam. (At least that's the way it was)

lol in CBC no matter how did you in the entrance exam you get in if your dad was there. Same as the primary. If you were a a student in CBC primary you get straight in even if you got like All Zeroes in the entrance exam. (At least that's the way it was)
It would be a kick in the stones for the private schools ethos alright. Doesn't affect me but would be fun to watch from the sidelines....

Watch the price of housing close to desired schools increase if that Labour Party proposal gets passed and it doesn't matter what school your folks attended (don't think it's even the third factor these days) when getting accepted to a school.

From memory I think the first one is resident within the school's catchment area; second is a sibling already attending the school; third is had you attended a "feeder school" (though that might be fourth behind parents. Grand parents is a stretch.
grandparents is a stretch? it is allowed for international soccer players to play for their country

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Cliffords
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

27th Apr 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Tony Milner

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼