Christine McVie RIP

Christine McVie was a brilliant singer/songwriter in her own right but obviously her talent shone most brightly as part of Fleetwood Mac. Stevie Nicks may have been the more photogenic “white witch” soul/spirit of the group in their heyday, but Christine was the gentle warm heart of the band. Her voice was very soft and beautiful.

She joined the band in 1969/70 after the departure of founder member and acid casualty Peter Green as a keyboardist and was uncredited in their first album with McVie on board, but was credited in their subsequent albums. It was really only after Nicks and Buckingham joined in 1974 that Christine really had a chance to shine, and shine she did.

Thank you for the music, Christine. 💕👍👍

Last edited:
Christine McVie was a brilliant singer/songwriter in her own right but obviously her talent shone most brightly as part of Fleetwood Mac. Stevie Nicks may have been the more photogenic “white witch” soul/spirit of the group in their heyday, but Christine was the gentle warm heart of the band. Her voice was very soft and beautiful.

She joined the band in 1969/70 after the departure of founder member and acid casualty Peter Green as a keyboardist and was uncredited in their first album with McVie on board, but was credited in their subsequent albums. It was really only after Nicks and Buckingham joined in 1974 that Christine really had a chance to shine, and shine she did.

Thank you for the music, Christine. 💕👍👍

Not that it matters but Christene (Perfect) was very pretty too, and so talented.

I like to think I know my music and the songs she wrote and sang are some of my favorite Mac songs, but I had never heard her name til last night.

When I think of Fleetwood Mac the names that come to mind are Lindsey Buckinham, Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, and Peter Greene. Not sure why that is and I'm amazed that all this time I've been singing along and didn't know who was singing.

RIP

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

19th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

The Brightsides

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼