European Broadcasting Authority

The EBA has directed that there cannot be more than 30% of broadcasts from outside the European Union.
It puts RTE in a dilemma in that some of the soaps could be axed. It could result in loss of advertising revenue as viewers may opt to watch them on British channels.
Cork born Deee Forbes is very worried about this directive and is likely to look for a deregration on the directive.

The ability to watch the soaps on UK channels is dependent on whether the person has multi channel or not. My aunt who is a soap addict has not multi channel so is at a disadvantage. I call on people like Loaise o Reilly to demand from the government to give supports to be made available for people to purchase multi channel packages.

The ability to watch the soaps on UK channels is dependent on whether the person has multi channel or not. My aunt who is a soap addict has not multi channel so is at a disadvantage. I call on people like Loaise o Reilly to demand from the government to give supports to be made available for people to purchase multi channel packages.

That doesn’t go far enough…..

The EBA has directed that there cannot be more than 30% of broadcasts from outside the European Union.
It puts RTE in a dilemma in that some of the soaps could be axed. It could result in loss of advertising revenue as viewers may opt to watch them on British channels.
Cork born Deee Forbes is very worried about this directive and is likely to look for a deregration on the directive.
No more EastEnders and Hollyoak's etc?

What is not to like?

Sounds like a good plan to me and more native output.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Chris Kent and Gearid Farrelly

The White Horse, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼