Book by Eunan O'Hailpin & Daithí Ó Corráin

Very good reference book of the deaths on all sides in the Irish Revolution from 1916 to December 1921

It's along the lines of Lost Lives by McKittrich et al covering The Troubles.

Pity it doesn't cover 1922 and 1923 as well but maybe that'll be for a future book.

Some of their accounts are slightly inaccurate or incomplete imho but that's almost inevitable in a volume covering such a lengthy list from right around the country.

Hardcover and running to over 700 pages including indices - overall well worth the 55 Euro in Easons imho.

Very good reference book of the deaths on all sides in the Irish Revolution from 1916 to December 1921

It's along the lines of Lost Lives by McKittrich et al covering The Troubles.

Pity it doesn't cover 1922 and 1923 as well but maybe that'll be for a future book.

Some of their accounts are slightly inaccurate or incomplete imho but that's almost inevitable in a volume covering such a lengthy list from right around the country.

Hardcover and running to over 700 pages including indices - overall well worth the 55 Euro in Easons imho.
22/23 can’t be published as in an accurate account
77 official executions of republican prisoners the real tally is over 110-20
Missing and side of the road no trial murder by free staters

Agree it's a good reference. A bit disappointing that it finishes even before the Truce day in July 1922. I'd hoped that there would be a companion covering the Civil War too, but even if there isn't December 1921 was a very arbitrary date to just stop the book at. Is it that they wanted it published and on the shelves in time for the Centenary events and hadn't all the research done in time on the subsequent years or what?

Think I actually paid 60 Euro for mine when I bought it a few months back. But certainly well worth it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼