Musgrave versus Marquee Not Good

Live at the Marquee has proved years of great shows to Cork. Now another promoter is running a similar string of events. AT THE SAME TIME. This choice has to hurt both ventures. In the past we had a Blues Festival, then two, now none. We have two weak Film Festivals. Musgrave Park is surrounded very closely by thousands of residences. MCD are trying to Bully these Residents and to challenge Aiken Promotions. Results here are blatantly visible already with unexpected poor attendance. Judging from the Blues and Film debacles the future will see both gone, both weak, or one remaining but damaged.

I think if both promotors would do the large format, still alive shows, then that would not be a problem, but when you have to pick if you want to go to listen to falling apart star from the 80s or some niche band famous in the 90s for 70 quid + for a ticket you would rather stay home ;)

Marquee also borders with the residential area.

Been on Marquee few times, and I have to admit that many people are attending those concerts to be able to video those dinosaurs when they are getting a heart attack on stage and then to cash some money from posting it online :ROFLMAO:

The Marquee is indeed at the River side of a large residential zone. But Musgrave Park is surrounded closely on all sides. More importantly it is in the Tramore Valley. Sounds made in the Tramore Valley fill it entirely, e.g. Vernon Mount. Musgrave Park is very audible at Douglas. I suspect both promoters will take a big hit on expected sales due to this piddling competition. Sheeran had a lot of empty space, Chemical Brothers cancelled...... lack of ticket sales? Hopefully the City Council will review their foolish approval of this misadventure, reject permission next year, and send MCD back to their 360 Multiverse.

yeah, I hear you. What I believe is the issue here is that most of the acts are second class nowadays (at least) it is rarely someone top at the moment there. Then at the Marquee the sound is crap :) Still I can hear it from the hill I live on, but honestly... if you like good quality and not going for the show to get wasted and then get some bird then you can be simply disappointed ;)

More worried about parking fir the CCFC/Cobh match tonight Feckers are closing off a lash of roads around the hane over the shagging concert Wrong location for it( concert)

Live at the Marquee has proved years of great shows to Cork. Now another promoter is running a similar string of events. AT THE SAME TIME. This choice has to hurt both ventures. In the past we had a Blues Festival, then two, now none. We have two weak Film Festivals. Musgrave Park is surrounded very closely by thousands of residences. MCD are trying to Bully these Residents and to challenge Aiken Promotions. Results here are blatantly visible already with unexpected poor attendance. Judging from the Blues and Film debacles the future will see both gone, both weak, or one remaining but damaged.
Thats competition is it not ?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

3rd May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼