Official Champions League 21/22 Thread

đź‘Ť

I read up on it when I got back last time. I forget the detail tbh, this was 3 years ago.

I'm visiting Paris since 1994. I just genuinely found it shocking how bad it was the last time I was there.

Didn't feel safe in the early evening there were so many scumbags around the place.

And Im not being down on France, its probably my favey European holiday destination.

Yeah, same here, attended training for work in St Denis just before Covid, shirt, laptop and suitcase, got hassled 3 or 4 times between the metro station and the hotel (300m walk at 4pm on a Sunday), witnessed about 2 fights in broad day light the following day, dealers all over the shop, they don’t even bother hiding anymore…

Paris intra muros has become the same, walking down Les Champs Élysées can be an absolute disaster after 6pm.

People are generally angry and ultra pissed off these days, a direct result of failed french politics (economics and social) and integration of the last 30/40 years.

Got plenty opportunities over the years (and still do) to move to Paris and keep my current job, no chance I’m taking my missus and small fella to live there, life is just so much easier and peaceful here.

You hate Liverpool, that’s fine. I’m having a pint with a lad who’s buddy had a legit ticket and couldn’t get in.

Is it true that British fans/Liverpool fans have behaved appallingly in the past? 100%

Yesterday was a shambles based on the organisation from uefa and the French authorities. I’m just so happy I didn’t bring my son.

I’ve no reason to lie about what I’ve seen. I’m not that blindly pro-LFC that I’d make up shit just to make the club and it’s supporters look better.
Tens of thousands of Scousers traveling to Paris without tickets was always a recipe for disaster. Enough said really.

Aside from the obvious issues outside the stadium, what was the reasoning behind relaying the pitch the week of the game itself? It didn’t look like the carpet it should be for such a big game and looked to be playing slow. That’s not a hindrance to one team or the other. It just didn’t help both teams create a flowing game.

Aside from the obvious issues outside the stadium, what was the reasoning behind relaying the pitch the week of the game itself? It didn’t look like the carpet it should be for such a big game and looked to be playing slow. That’s not a hindrance to one team or the other. It just didn’t help both teams create a flowing game.

Think there was a gig on there.

Liverpool fans almost exclusively saying it was a poor game but tbh from a purely neutral perspective the game itself was very enjoyable with lots of incident and good attacking play.

Think there was a gig on there.

Liverpool fans almost exclusively saying it was a poor game but tbh from a purely neutral perspective the game itself was very enjoyable with lots of incident and good attacking play.
I didn’t think so Dan, thought it failed completely to live up to the expectation like many finals do

For all of liverpools possession they created little, Real grabbed one of 2 chances they made

I didn’t think so Dan, thought it failed completely to live up to the expectation like many finals do

For all of liverpools possession they created little, Real grabbed one of 2 chances they made

I think you're letting your neutrality cloud your judgement m8.

I thought it was a great game.

Madrid had their plan , executed it flawlessly and took their chance when it mattered.

The crying Scousers was a welcome bonus.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼