2023 Premier sfc

Was up in the city tonight.. Nemo one up on their neighbours in very tough league conditions. Pitch looked to be a swamp.. Kerrigan and Conor Horgan pick of the bunch pulling them through, Brian/Niall Hartnetts and Sean Wilson with strong showings for Douglas. 10-5

Was up in the city tonight.. Nemo one up on their neighbours in very tough league conditions. Pitch looked to be a swamp.. Kerrigan and Conor Horgan pick of the bunch pulling them through, Brian/Niall Hartnetts and Sean Wilson with strong showings for Douglas. 10-5
I heard Douglas had a few new lads joining this year, any of note?

Ya , was at it too , Haven had the better of the first half , Eire Og dominated the second and pulled level with 5 mins to go but Haven dug it out with two late points , entertaining Enugu given the conditions

Ya , was at it too , Haven had the better of the first half , Eire Og dominated the second and pulled level with 5 mins to go but Haven dug it out with two late points , entertaining Enugu given the conditions
Thought Griffin, the number 11 Cooper (maybe a relation to John Cooper?) and Murphy were strong for Eire Og
Cahalane, Collins and Hurley all unsurprisingly electric for Haven.

Agreed entertaining game, both teams really went hammer and tongs at eachother in the 2nd half. Experience for haven of game management probably tipped them over the line

When Castlehaven had energy up front Eire Og were in big trouble, should have scored 2 or 3 goals in 1st 5 attacks, Jack at 11 finding M Hurley inside 1 on 1 at his ease.

When Eire Og eventually got going and got to the pitch of the game Castlehaven struggled to get ball up the field, none of their backs bar Walsh looked comfortable enough on the ball to bring it out.

Second half, Goulding who was after a horror show of a 1st half, kicked his frees and the game was played in Castlehavens half for the most part. I think they only scored 3pts in the 2nd half and 2 of them were in the last 5 minutes.

For Eire Og Griffin tried hard, Jack Murphy came into game towards end, young Cooper is athletic but lost several balls just through very poor control soloing or poor kick passing, Hugh Murphy almost anonymous bar scoring 1 pt. Mullins was catalyst for Eire Ogs shake up, showed good leadership to steady boat in 1st half. Got the better of Hurley as the game went on.

For the Haven, early movement got them game winning scores that were very similiar to the championship game v Eire Og 2 years ago. Simple cut backs by inside line and having a quality kick passer on ball to make it happen. Walsh, Collins, Cahalane, Hurley all did well at times. Rest worked hard.

Sounds like a good game, nice to see these early season games played with a bit of intensity.

Clon-Skibb on Sunday should be of a similiar intensity. Skibb have been struggling in the second grade for the past few years so will no doubt be chomping at the bit for a crack at one of the big 4 this weekend.

Division 2 is proving to be a competitive division. From a Clon POV, we’re blooding our young guns and they’re thriving.

I have to say I fancy Newcestown to win the senior A this year, I wonder what the odds are? They’re a well balanced side with a few really quality players.

Clon had a huge win over Kanturk. I was disappointed with Kanturk tbh, maybe the occasion got them, Ahamilla under lights in front of a big crowd can be an intimidating atmosphere.

Only 3 Premier Senior A teams in Division 2, should not be competitive really for those 3 teams especially if they have near full teams out.

Kanturk severely depleted with players committed to Cork in both codes, a great club playing senior in both codes. Would nt be judging them on that game tbf.

Would agree on Newcestown winning Senior A if they keep lads fit, again playing both codes is taxing on the players and their panel.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

15th May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Comedy Cavern: Fin Taylor

Coughlan's, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼