2023 Premier sfc

Must be a few teams in need of management for the year ahead.. Clon, Douglas, Eire og ?
You won’t find many takers for the Douglas job, despite their underage talent, its a toxic club with a few very bad apples amongst the playing contingent. Coupled with a seeming ambivalence towards winning at senior level in general, it just isn’t an attractive job unless they get the wallet out.

You won’t find many takers for the Douglas job, despite their underage talent, its a toxic club with a few very bad apples amongst the playing contingent. Coupled with a seeming ambivalence towards winning at senior level in general, it just isn’t an attractive job unless they get the wallet out.
Arguably the biggest pool of young talent in the County, definitely not unattractive - dual status major issue but fair play to themselves and the Barrs etc for plying their trade at highest level at both codes, the clubs operating seriously at only one level really have no excuses for lack of success at this stage

Some egos in Clon for a club that’s won feck all in the past decade
As opposed to Douglas who’ve won feck all….EVER😉

Only Nemo and Castlehaven have won more counties than Clon in the last 30 years.

Boom Boom, agreed there is talent in Douglas but given the huge young population in the area I don’t think it’s any great feat that they’ve produced successful underage teams and are able to thread water as a dual senior club. If you gave WC clubs like Clon, Ross, Haven or Newcestown those kind of playing resources you’d be talking about Nemo-esque levels of domination.

Good luck to anyone brave enough to take on the Douglas job, like I said, they’re a toxic group as many in Clon will attest to.

As opposed to Douglas who’ve won feck all….EVER😉

Only Nemo and Castlehaven have won more counties than Clon in the last 30 years.

Boom Boom, agreed there is talent in Douglas but given the huge young population in the area I don’t think it’s any great feat that they’ve produced successful underage teams and are able to thread water as a dual senior club. If you gave WC clubs like Clon, Ross, Haven or Newcestown those kind of playing resources you’d be talking about Nemo-esque levels of domination.

Good luck to anyone brave enough to take on the Douglas job, like I said, they’re a toxic group as many in Clon will attest to.
Would agree with a lot here fox and not underwriting the talent in Clon. It is superb. Down west myself so I see it first hand.. was chatting to someone who heard first hand from a former douglas coach that the dual dilemma is a thorny issue. Older experienced hurlers of cork status putting pressure on younger players and dual players to go hurling only in order to further their own hurling agenda which has ruffled feathers between the two codes along with poor committee/player relationships. In football terms they have one of the best teams in cork on paper and if they got their house in order could be real challengers but seems to be same old story for them.

Clon keep getting handed groups of death, questions should be asked whether the powers that be want them to succeed.
Fair point Trav. It was pointed out to me by a man in the upper echelons of the CCB that Clon games are the best attended championship games, hence a nice revenue generator, particularly when drawn against another big 4 team or a local rival.

I’m no conspiracy theorist but we seem to have drawn a lot of big teams and local rivals ever since the CCB found themselves in the mire financially.

Fair point Trav. It was pointed out to me by a man in the upper echelons of the CCB that Clon games are the best attended championship games, hence a nice revenue generator, particularly when drawn against another big 4 team or a local rival.

I’m no conspiracy theorist but we seem to have drawn a lot of big teams and local rivals ever since the CCB found themselves in the mire financially.
It’s Dopey day out around here today by the looks of things 😀

"Clon games" are not the most well attended, finals are. Given that, if I was to believe your implication of corruption in the process, any conspiracy would be towards greasing the wheels for Clon.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

31st Mar 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Easter Beer Festival

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Tomorrow @ 1pm

More events ▼