2023 Premier Intermediate hurling

Had a big win v Castlemartyr in the first round of the league. They definitely have the players to compete just a question if they have the tightness and leadership to get them through the higher intensity games.
Seen after their county last year that its a very young team filled with players who would have won minor titles with Kiltha Og, blended in with the more experienced fellas such as Shane Hegarty & Niall Motherway. Small group and making the most of what they have. Just a question of if they can step up another level in order to be able to compete at this level. I can’t see them in any way shape or form getting to a final and I would definitely see them a good bit off Ballinhassig, who for me are the standout team in this grade. But I wouldn’t say they are any worse than the likes of Castlemartyr or Casltlelyons as of now. Still though, early in the year, anything can happen between here and August

My prediction for the year : Dungourney v Ballinhassig final; not sure if they’ll meet each other before hand. With Dylan healy the captain and Jack leahy to get dungourney over the line as I don’t think ballinhassig have the winning experience the sash have

Ballinhassig are coached by Sean Guiheen this year, if they were ever missing a winning mentality they’ll have it with him….. definite contenders this year with an outside coach

just looking at league results - I haven't seen them play they seem to be doing ok, issues or not. I still reckon they'll be in the shake up at the buisness end of things.

Seems to be some over optimism for Dungourney , I couldn't see them do much and surely survival at this grade should be number 1 priority. Relegation for me is wide open but Eire OG, Carrigaline and Ballymartle could easily find themselves in the mix up. To lift the cup: Ballinhassig - team to beat

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

3rd May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼