2022 Senior A football

Knocknagree v Clyda was one great game to watch real quaility Daniel O Mahony and Conor Corbett was some clash both booked as well hopefully and please god Cork s no 6 and 11 for years to come ...very impressed by young Michael McSweeney only 18....and Eoghan McSweeney turned the game for Knock when he came v good championship game.

Two good games to watch, both deserving winners.

Micheals clear cut, Skibb managers interview before game was bananas stuff, was at their game v Dohenys, it was handed to them that day, Dohenys 100% kicked it away, was very obvious that they were going to struggle with better opposition and physically down the Pairc.

Knocknagree used all their experience on and off the pitch to win this one, Dilworth took leaders role in absence of others, JFD produced/used Eoghan McSweeney at the right time.

Should be a super final.

tough to call final now... St Michaels were far superior in opening round but still only won by a few points. Knocknagree very impressive tonight.

Two good games of football down the Pairc on Sat night. Michael's were hugely impressive. Played some serious football at times and have to be massive favs to win it now. Knocknagree v Clyda a much closer contest but credit to Knocknagree I thought they deserved the win on the night. McSweeney was crucial when he came on. They will give Michael's a good rattle and will relish the chance given the history in finals. If Michael's stay calm on the day though I can only see one winner. They would do damage in Senior A if promoted. Very young side.

Micheals the gave up some very soft goals vs Bishopstown and Skibb. I know they were well over both teams and maybe complacency set it but if they can't concentrate for 60 plus minutes against Knocknagree then they could come unstuck.

Knocknagree know what they're doing on and off the field. A really well organised team and if they can get lads fit and firing will really test Micheals.

Micheals should have too much firepower but a lot will depend on how they handle a final. Are there some demons from previous final defeats? I'd say they're stronger than ever...a young team with some really classy forwards and subs making an impact. Robbie Cotter is looking inter county standard in both codes now.

Micheals stronger on paper. Knocknagree maybe a better structured team on the pitch with everyone fit. I'd edge towards Micheals but it's a toss of a coin for me.

Micheals the gave up some very soft goals vs Bishopstown and Skibb. I know they were well over both teams and maybe complacency set it but if they can't concentrate for 60 plus minutes against Knocknagree then they could come unstuck.

Knocknagree know what they're doing on and off the field. A really well organised team and if they can get lads fit and firing will really test Micheals.

Micheals should have too much firepower but a lot will depend on how they handle a final. Are there some demons from previous final defeats? I'd say they're stronger than ever...a young team with some really classy forwards and subs making an impact. Robbie Cotter is looking inter county standard in both codes now.

Micheals stronger on paper. Knocknagree maybe a better structured team on the pitch with everyone fit. I'd edge towards Micheals but it's a toss of a coin for me.
The demons is the big question. Michaels won't be kicking 2-21 again. Will certainly have some wides. How they react will determine the final for me.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Aaron O Sullivan

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼