2022 Premier Senior Hurling

Rebelsforsam1

Your point isn't backed up though by incorrect detail regarding O'Doherty v Doran and McKenna.

Rob Downey did a great job v KK in last years AI semi-final on no less a player than TJ Reid but this year the management only judged him on the AI final v Limerick when the.entire defence collapsed.

The start of DOL problems was when he got injured in the league game v Limerick and also v KK, maybe he came back too soon. His performances at full-back last year for the U-20's were top notch and no player should be judged on one year at senior inter-county especially when he was injured for most of it.

Anyway I mentioned a lot more than 2 possibilities for full-back and Pat Ryan has probably other options in view.

Rebelsforsam1

Your point isn't backed up though by incorrect detail regarding O'Doherty v Doran and McKenna.

Rob Downey did a great job v KK in last years AI semi-final on no less a player than TJ Reid but this year the management only judged him on the AI final v Limerick when the.entire defence collapsed.

The start of DOL problems was when he got injured in the league game v Limerick and also v KK, maybe he came back too soon. His performances at full-back last year for the U-20's were top notch and no player should be judged on one year at senior inter-county especially when he was injured for most of it.

Anyway I mentioned a lot more than 2 possibilities for full-back and Pat Ryan has probably other options in view.
Let Pat Ryan do his job then. He is more than capable of doing it. He certainly has a big job in getting Cork up to a point where they can beat Limerick. I’ll conclude this conversation by thanking Damien Cahalane for his service to Cork teams for the last 10 years. He must have great resilience and guts to surmount the criticism leveled at him over that period. Great footballer also!

If counting hurling and football together?Saint Nicks won 5 counties…, Glen 27 . In hurling, Rockies are clearly ahead with 32 titles.
Did they? Christ almighty 🤣

So 32 for Glen/St Nicks combination, 32 for Rockies/Michaels combination and 36 and counting for the one club, the greatest of them all, St Finbarr’s 💪

Party is over lads, Red & blue brought myself and bluesball back to the gaff with a slab and a chinese, Herself is like an anti christ, said its gone beyond a joke,
She showed us the door,
Bad form out of mrs red&blue, I’m now living with jimmy if anyones looking for me 🤣

PC gifted Galway the 1st goal. You obviously believe that he gifted them the second goal on the thinking that a goalie should never be beaten at their near post, I vehemently disagree! The likes of Edison &, Becker are beaten at their near post every season in the Premier League. You defend Damien Cahalane on the Kyle Hayes goal v Limerick by referring to other Cork players. How come you don't consider Sean O'Donoghue losing sight of the ball and getting beaten all ends up by Conor Whelan for Galway's second goal? Your not comparing like with like and name a goalie in Cork that is dependable, the County doesn't have a Nickie Quaid but had plenty of his equals back the years but it's the future that counts, you're dwelling in the past when comparing Collins.

You refer to DC as excelling v Galway in a game where the game was lost by the Cork attack & sideline and refer to him being there next year because of him being a Jack of all Trades in defence. How about his performance v Tipp in 2014 when Bubbles O'Dwyer made a fool of him and 2018 when Limerick sub Pat Ryan did the same not to mind his mad pull v Waterford in 2017 and his sending off later in the game. I already mentioned his defending v Limerick in the Pairc this year. Cork have 3 defenders in Ger Millerick, Ciaran Joyce and Sean O'Donoghue, the latter may be better employed in attack but if Pat Ryan can't find a full-back for the future between the 2 Downey's, Ryan Walsh, Daire O'Leary, Kevin Lyons, John Cashman, Brian Murphy among others then Cork hurling will be in as bad a place as it was before he got the job as manager.
You must be seething at the fact Damien has a richly deserved and earned Senior county medal 🤣 I’ve never seen such a sustained attack on a player by anyone over such a long period of time. Yet he keeps getting picked by every Cork manager for the last 10 years. But then you are not really the best judge of a player are you? Ben said to say hi 🤣 Take off the rose tinted glasses and you might see why. But till then, show the man some respect and give it a rest

Did they? Christ almighty 🤣

So 32 for Glen/St Nicks combination, 32 for Rockies/Michaels combination and 36 and counting for the one club, the greatest of them all, St Finbarr’s 💪
In fairness to you r&b zero embarrassment levels at not knowing some fairly basic facts about the Cork club scene.
PS The Rockies have 33 counties.

Last edited:
My point is that good defenders are often given tough days by good attackers. Pa Dillon of Kilkenny was roasted by Ray Cummins in 1969 final.Eddie O’ Brien’s 3 goals against Ned Colfer, Lar Corbett’s 3 goals against Kilkenny!Damien Cahalane has given good service to Cork in various positions and others tried out at full back like DOL looked slow and vulnerable last year.Rob Downey was similarly exposed against Limerick. I suspect Eoin Downey will be the answer at full back and time will tell.Pat Ryan will probably use Cahalane as a defensive utility player next year, and I would praise Cahalane and remember him for his sterling service! I do not understand the vehemence leveled at him within and outside the county, throughout his career!
I think it will be Daire O Leary at full back.
He is only 20 years old and has played only a handful of senior games.
I don't think anyone could judge his performances at the highest level yet.

You must be seething at the fact Damien has a richly deserved and earned Senior county medal 🤣 I’ve never seen such a sustained attack on a player by anyone over such a long period of time. Yet he keeps getting picked by every Cork manager for the last 10 years. But then you are not really the best judge of a player are you? Ben said to say hi 🤣 Take off the rose tinted glasses and you might see why. But till then, show the man some respect and give it a rest

Wow, for a guy who goes on and on about him one would have thought you'd have known that Damien Cahalane already had a Senior county medal 😇

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

3rd May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼