2022 Premier Senior Hurling

If frank was still at the helm that match would have been abandoned in the interest of safety in the 60th minute
I don’t think any Rockies supporter would begrudge the Barrs victory. By far, the better hurling team, and on a different level today. Famous hurling team back on top , can only be good for Cork hurling. Let’s hope that the inter county famine will soon end!

congrats R&B, Bluesball and the other Barrs supporters on here. Such a shame that the weather ruined what was set up to be a fantastic occasion and game but the Barrs won’t care tonight.

No analysis worthwhile on a game like that but what was most pleasing from a neutral perspective is the way the young Barrs team overcame everything that was thrown at them weather wise as well as the Rockies physicality and came through with flying colours. The carefree youthfulness was great to see from the likes of Cunningham, Twomey, O Connor, Jack Cahalane, Hayes and Buckley - they just hurled away and on a dry day on a big pitch like PUC they would have ran riot.

Rockies are going nowhere and will be in contention for the next few years but for now it’s great to see a great club like the Barrs back and I think we are all hoping the knock-on impact for Cork will follow.

Congrats to all in the Barrs i just loved watching your young players great great club many highlights but boy the committement and pefomance from young Ben O Connor he hit everything in his way ...please make him a Cork hurler simple we have to keep him.
Cunningham had a very good game but BOC was MotM for me. Distribution not perfect but what an athlete. I'd say he had twice as many possessions as anyone else on the pitch and that's not even counting his tackling.
Lots of Barrs lads putting their hands up for a shot with Cork but if he stays he's a shoe-in. Defo the real deal.

Congrats to all the barrs lads.

Lads, surely I'm not the only one who sees something different in this Barrs team. Does anyone else think we're looking at something special here? They just look to be in another league to me. I thought they'd lose today, but only because I didn't think they'd have the mental fortitude to take the pressure and perform. They did, and they did, especially the young lads. They seem to have more hurling, and more physicality than I've seen in a long time. I guess it's too soon to say for sure, but sometimes you just get the feeling that you're watching something magic emerging. We're all happy for them tonight, but we could be shit sick of them sooner than we think!

O'Connor was terrific. Sounds to me like he's going rugbying though. The only thing that might stop him are the horror stories coming out about long term brain damage and how you can't really do much to stop it without changing the game into something else. But when you're young stuff like that never really matters, does it? He has a big hurling career ahead of him if he wants it. He has the chance to be a part of a golden era for Cork and the Barrs. But I'm sure the rugby lads might say similar things. If he goes the professional route, I'll content myself that at least I once saw him and his neighbours and friends hurl their way through a monsoon! Best of luck to him.

Congrats to all the barrs lads.

Lads, surely I'm not the only one who sees something different in this Barrs team. Does anyone else think we're looking at something special here? They just look to be in another league to me. I thought they'd lose today, but only because I didn't think they'd have the mental fortitude to take the pressure and perform. They did, and they did, especially the young lads. They seem to have more hurling, and more physicality than I've seen in a long time. I guess it's too soon to say for sure, but sometimes you just get the feeling that you're watching something magic emerging. We're all happy for them tonight, but we could be shit sick of them sooner than we think!

O'Connor was terrific. Sounds to me like he's going rugbying though. The only thing that might stop him are the horror stories coming out about long term brain damage and how you can't really do much to stop it without changing the game into something else. But when you're young stuff like that never really matters, does it? He has a big hurling career ahead of him if he wants it. He has the chance to be a part of a golden era for Cork and the Barrs. But I'm sure the rugby lads might say similar things. If he goes the professional route, I'll content myself that at least I once saw him and his neighbours and friends hurl their way through a monsoon! Best of luck to him.
Special performance alright today. Glad I braved the elements to see it. The two big questions are:
1. How many of these guys can make the step up to inter-county?
2. How the hell are other clubs going to stop them?

Congratulations to the Barrs, a well deserved victory. I put a few pound on them last year with the promise they were showing buy I was a year too early

On today's game I was worried for the Barrs at half time. They played most of the ball in the first half but only went in a point up. I thought it was perfectly set up for the Rockies to dominate the 2nd half

The Barrs completely dominated the 2nd half. The backs were incredibly solid and their forwards were efficient.

Hard to pick a man of the match looking at the 2nd half. I thought Twomey was the stand out performer in the first but so many in the 2nd. Glenn O'Connor and Keane rolled back the years. Ben O'Connor was awesome (hopefully the celebrations convince him to stay with the small ball). Of course Cunningham was sublime, those frees on a wet day deserve some respect

Conor Cahalane probably won the game for the barrs. 2 piercing runs....2 goals

Well done the barrs, here's hoping another few Cork players are produced from this team (and 5 more intercounty managers if we are greedy 😀 )

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼