2022 Premier Senior Hurling

The strong club teams team in 1979/80/81 had a good collection of really talented "club hurlers" who never got much of a chance of making the Cork team. The 1976 to 78 3 in arow meant little change and therefore opportunity as the settled set up was hard to break into and the early exit in 1980 didnt help.

John Cremin , Eamon Fitzpatrick, Niall Kenefick all might have been worth more of a run but it just never happened. Nowadays there would be more scope for more players.

The strong club teams team in 1979/80/81 had a good collection of really talented "club hurlers" who never got much of a chance of making the Cork team. The 1976 to 78 3 in arow meant little change and therefore opportunity as the settled set up was hard to break into and the early exit in 1980 didnt help.

John Cremin , Eamon Fitzpatrick, Niall Kenefick all might have been worth more of a run but it just never happened. Nowadays there would be more scope for more players.
Thats so true. We nearly lost John Fenton due to this core setup

Rockies had 4 or 5 starters after the semi loss to Galway in 79, Timmy Murphy in goal, Finbarr Delaney and Eamonn O Donoghue all played championship in that period 80-83 John Blake, Ger Cunningham, Donal O Grady the Barrs the same, Johnny Buckley and Tomas Mul the Glen the same and Denis Mul, Kevin Hennessy, Ger Fitz from Midleton. There was plenty of change from 79 to 83

John Cremin was the best club player never to play intercounty with cork and M Ryan was not far behind him,maybe lack of clun success hindered his chances . Both would be in my best everseen Barrs team.

John Cremin was the best club player never to play intercounty with cork and M Ryan was not far behind him,maybe lack of clun success hindered his chances . Both would be in my best everseen Barrs team.
Always thought John Cremin was a super stylish hurler but lacked that extra bit of bite you need. My Dad loved him though.

Rockies had 4 or 5 starters after the semi loss to Galway in 79, Timmy Murphy in goal, Finbarr Delaney and Eamonn O Donoghue all played championship in that period 80-83 John Blake, Ger Cunningham, Donal O Grady the Barrs the same, Johnny Buckley and Tomas Mul the Glen the same and Denis Mul, Kevin Hennessy, Ger Fitz from Midleton. There was plenty of change from 79 to 83
Fair point well made. I never realised Timmy Murphy played Championship. I know he was on league winning team in 1980

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
SAL
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

28th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Le Boom

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼