2022 Premier Senior Hurling

So I went today as a nuetral & enjoyed been at a game as a nuetral for once.

The Rockies as I thought would have too much in the end for Erins Own.They were very game but just were lacking the overall quality of the Rockies.I was impressed by the Rockies,they looked very calm under pressure.Their forwards will be very hard to stop.

The Barrs just blew Newtown away to be honest.Played a lovely brand of hurling.They let Newtown back into it a bit but they were never really under pressure.The Barrs forwards were class,movement was a joy to watch.Twomey is the real deal,Hayes would be a perfect intercounty full forward in my eyes.

Now I think the Barrs back can be got at,same with the Rockies,so I'm thinking whoever wins this shoot out will come out on top,
Just a thing I noticed,the Barrs were slow with subs coming on when the game was over, but weirdly enough they took off 2 Castlehaven footballers when they should of been taking off Barrs footballers for next week

Should be a great final,In 3 weeks time I heard, Rockies by 4

Been a great year hurling wise. Only watched the second game as I am away but the Barr’s have some serious athletes and they are just a good watch.
The Twomey sending off was harsh imo but the game was over as many said after 20 minutes.
TOM is some player but I still think he pauses on his swing but outstanding again.
So many great players from the blue babes today but I thought Conor Cahalane was outstanding.
I can’t wait for this final. Both these clubs are not only steeped in our hurling history ( Glen also) but we need them to be successful to push us on county wise imo.
For the likes of Dezzie Blueball and supporters from both teams Please have a diffibulator on hand for the legend of the PROC me auld buddy R&B.
I am shouting for the babes myself but it’s just impossible to call in a huge county final even for the neutral.

Im delighted for the barrs. For 20 years theyve been doing well to stay in senior grade and lucky the current format wasnt around over the last 20 years. Aside from curran, hopefully now the barrs can finally produce an outfield hurler for cork for the first time since jbm back in the 80s.

Been a great year hurling wise. Only watched the second game as I am away but the Barr’s have some serious athletes and they are just a good watch.
The Twomey sending off was harsh imo but the game was over as many said after 20 minutes.
TOM is some player but I still think he pauses on his swing but outstanding again.
So many great players from the blue babes today but I thought Conor Cahalane was outstanding.
I can’t wait for this final. Both these clubs are not only steeped in our hurling history ( Glen also) but we need them to be successful to push us on county wise imo.
For the likes of Dezzie Blueball and supporters from both teams Please have a diffibulator on hand for the legend of the PROC me auld buddy R&B.
I am shouting for the babes myself but it’s just impossible to call in a huge county final even for the neutral.
Cheers fin, I’ll bring a spare Barrs babes top for ya for the final 😀

If the Barrs win finbarrog. head straight to phairs cross, even if you wear you magpie jersey you will be made very welcome, just say you know red and blue,

Well holy god, we are back in a Senior Hurling County Final, I really feared I would never see these days again 🇺🇦
The better team won today, we were on fire until the first sending off, which was very harsh to be fair, a yellow would have sufficed, but as often happens the team with 14 men dig deep and worked their way back into the game by half time, and fair credit to Newtown for that, but Ben’s goal just after the resumption killed the game stone dead.
It wasn’t our most consistent performance, something you get with young fellas, but we looked electric in stages, bottom line is it’s job done and now we move on to Blackrock in 2 weeks time.
The football semi final next week now takes on a huge significance on a number of fronts, can we keep the winning run going? Can the dual players survive another week on week championship game? And will the Cahalane brothers scenario affect the spirit in the hurling camp?

There’s an awful lot to be worried about before you even start to consider the opposition, the Rockies for me have been the best team in Cork for the last 3 years and look like they have found form at the right time.

But, I’ll tell ye this, they will have to earn the right to be crowned County Champions again

I said when the group stages were over that we will see an all city county final and this is the pairing I had in mind. A traditional city final will bring back memories of the battles we had in late 70s and early 80s. Truly remarkable times they were and maybe we might be seeing them days again, Cork hurling needs it

Didn't you have a bit of a sneer when that very same suggestion was made a couple of weeks ago?

Ye've been talking down the barrs chances in the hurling since the get go lads and yet they keep winning. Are ye that unsure of them?

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

29th Jun 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Garron Noone

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼