2022 Premier Senior Hurling

Blackrock just about got away with playing some very silly hurling at times last week, produced more of it tonight, paid the price, when the Barrs cut out the supply of ball into full forward line Blackrocks half forward became very important scoring wise, don't have that in their locket imo

Ben o Connor and Ethan Twomey were absoluteley supurb throughout at midfield and hayes some target man up top holds up the ball and good eye for a score.

Delighted with the win but we still have work to do to get out of the group. If we do the sky is the limit especially in Pairc Ui Chaoimh

The dual thing could kill us though, unsurprisingly we were very rusty at the start tonight

The potential in this team is frightening, all our best players are only young fellas

I wonder where swanofthelough is hiding tonight 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Delighted with the win but we still have work to do to get out of the group. If we do the sky is the limit especially in Pairc Ui Chaoimh

The potential in this team is frightening, all our best players are only young fellas

I wonder where swanofthelough is hiding tonight 🤣🤣🤣
Well done to my neighbors, great achievement, was cheering ye on with fervor. Relegation avoided, job done for the Togher boys.

Douglas 2-24 Kanturk 1-10.

Douglas played well today. You could see Shane Brick's stamp on the team. Played with more of an edge than previous years. Kingston was excellent. Albeit Kanturk were very poor altogether. Seemed to be lacking hurling and constantly played route one the whole game to no avail. Douglas found this way too easy to defend. One player that really stood out to me was Douglas goalkeeper Donal Maher. Made two great saves and his short and long puckouts were superb.

Douglas should have enough for Newtown the next day but Newtown won't lie down either. Midleton should beat Kanturk pulling up next.

Sars 3-22 Charleville 2-19

Sars deserving winners here but unlike Kanturk, Charleville dug deep, tried and kept themselves in the game right up until injury time. Aaron Myers was my MOTM. Scored 7 points from play and caught some great ball. Daniel Kearney was outstanding, reeling in the years. He worked his socks off and finished with 3 points. Darragh Fitz had an excellent 2nd half keeping Charleville in the game. Andrew Cagney finished the game with 2-3 for Charleville. Charleville will feel they still have a say in this group where they meet Blackrock next.

Barrs have 3 points, Blackrock and Sars on 2 points and Charleville on 1 point. All 4 teams still have a chance of qualifying. This will be an interesting group to keep an eye on in Round 3.

Douglas 2-24 Kanturk 1-10.

Douglas played well today. You could see Shane Brick's stamp on the team. Played with more of an edge than previous years. Kingston was excellent. Albeit Kanturk were very poor altogether. Seemed to be lacking hurling and constantly played route one the whole game to no avail. Douglas found this way too easy to defend. One player that really stood out to me was Douglas goalkeeper Donal Maher. Made two great saves and his short and long puckouts were superb.
Was he on the u20 panel two years ago? Same age as Eoin Davis

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Tim Mullane

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼