2022 Premier Senior Hurling

RightHalfBack

congrats to R&B, Bluesball and the other Barrs supporters on here and the Rockies supporters also. I was 100% neutral today and no disrespect to either Erins Own and Newtown ( both of whom would be operating off a far smaller pick than the city clubs ) but I am absolutely delighted to see Barrs v Rockies in the final. For me this is a sign that Cork hurling is about to hit the big time once again. Two very talented teams and in the case of the Barrs especially, amazing youthfulness and energy. When you look at these two teams and then consider Sars, Midleton, Douglas, Imokilly and the Glen you have 7 teams where only a puck of the ball separates them and each one has a smattering of inter county players - it has to be good for Cork hurling and the build up to this final will be great and give lots of young lads exposure to another big game.

Who cares about the Munster club championship for now and whether either of these teams might be able for the likes of a Ballygunner. Winning in the mud and shit later on in the year is of far less relevance right now to seeing a showcase final in a fantastic pitch in the Pairc. This is a major step forward for Cork hurling in general and while there is still a lot of work to be done at inter county level if I were Pat Ryan I would be very excited about the next few years as things are moving nicely and there are plenty players putting their hand up. None of Twomey, Hayes, Ben O Connor, Deasy, Cotter, the Cashmans, Stephen Murphy, Gavin Connolly, Hennessy, Ben Cunningham and others were on the panel in 2022 and while some of them won’t make it next year either surely it has to be good for the state of the game in Cork when you see talent like this on display at club level.

Corcaigh Abu

As other posters have said, today's games were a bit of a damp squib with the Rockies and the Barrs well over the opposition. The luck of the draw. Both teams did what they had to do and did it very well in patches of the game. It's going to be an intriguing final.

Blackrock have improved steadily as the championship has progressed. They used their FF line much better today than the last game. The hail mary shots from out the pitch were cut down and good ball into Cotter and Connolly....especially 2nd half. Niall Cashman played some fantastic ball inside. They feel like a team trying finding the right balance all year. It looked good today.

They have moved John Cashman and Steve Murphy back into the full back line and it's made a difference to be fair. The Barrs will really test it.

The Barrs looked sensational at times today. Their youth and inexperience was probably responsible for their slacking off for a spell after the red card. They came out sharp again second half and coasted home.

I would say both teams will be each others biggest test.

How will Barrs match up with Blackrocks 2 man FF line. What do you do with Jamie Burns in that scenario. Can they stand up to Blackrocks physicality.

Can Blackrock cope with the pace and legs in the Barrs team. Can their FB line hold up again?

Both teams will take heart from their periods of dominance in the group game. Who can learn the most and perform in the final.

Real 50/50 game. Blackrock's recent experience of winning a final might stand to them but the Barrs are full of confidence and their young lads have won big with Cork teams. Hopefully a great game.

YankyPat

So I went today as a nuetral & enjoyed been at a game as a nuetral for once.

The Rockies as I thought would have too much in the end for Erins Own.They were very game but just were lacking the overall quality of the Rockies.I was impressed by the Rockies,they looked very calm under pressure.Their forwards will be very hard to stop.

The Barrs just blew Newtown away to be honest.Played a lovely brand of hurling.They let Newtown back into it a bit but they were never really under pressure.The Barrs forwards were class,movement was a joy to watch.Twomey is the real deal,Hayes would be a perfect intercounty full forward in my eyes.

Now I think the Barrs back can be got at,same with the Rockies,so I'm thinking whoever wins this shoot out will come out on top,
Just a thing I noticed,the Barrs were slow with subs coming on when the game was over, but weirdly enough they took off 2 Castlehaven footballers when they should of been taking off Barrs footballers for next week

Should be a great final,In 3 weeks time I heard, Rockies by 4

Been a great year hurling wise. Only watched the second game as I am away but the Barr’s have some serious athletes and they are just a good watch.
The Twomey sending off was harsh imo but the game was over as many said after 20 minutes.
TOM is some player but I still think he pauses on his swing but outstanding again.
So many great players from the blue babes today but I thought Conor Cahalane was outstanding.
I can’t wait for this final. Both these clubs are not only steeped in our hurling history ( Glen also) but we need them to be successful to push us on county wise imo.
For the likes of Dezzie Blueball and supporters from both teams Please have a diffibulator on hand for the legend of the PROC me auld buddy R&B.
I am shouting for the babes myself but it’s just impossible to call in a huge county final even for the neutral.

Im delighted for the barrs. For 20 years theyve been doing well to stay in senior grade and lucky the current format wasnt around over the last 20 years. Aside from curran, hopefully now the barrs can finally produce an outfield hurler for cork for the first time since jbm back in the 80s.

red&blue

Been a great year hurling wise. Only watched the second game as I am away but the Barr’s have some serious athletes and they are just a good watch.
The Twomey sending off was harsh imo but the game was over as many said after 20 minutes.
TOM is some player but I still think he pauses on his swing but outstanding again.
So many great players from the blue babes today but I thought Conor Cahalane was outstanding.
I can’t wait for this final. Both these clubs are not only steeped in our hurling history ( Glen also) but we need them to be successful to push us on county wise imo.
For the likes of Dezzie Blueball and supporters from both teams Please have a diffibulator on hand for the legend of the PROC me auld buddy R&B.
I am shouting for the babes myself but it’s just impossible to call in a huge county final even for the neutral.
Cheers fin, I’ll bring a spare Barrs babes top for ya for the final 😀

If the Barrs win finbarrog. head straight to phairs cross, even if you wear you magpie jersey you will be made very welcome, just say you know red and blue,

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Coco Comedy Club: Andrew Ryan and Guests
The Roundy, Castle St.

24th Mar 2023 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Behind The Scenes

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

View more events ▼