2022 Premier Senior Hurling

Tbh, it would make you wanna gawk, this nostalgia, traditional final and all this big three nonsense.

Big three nonsense?? Glen Rovers have won it 27 times, Blackrock and Nationals 33 times, and St Finbarrs 25 times. That's a combined 85 of the 130 times between just three clubs. I think there's no denying a big 3 in the Cork club scene even if you don't like it.

I'd prefer to see The Glen in the final but if it's not to be then hopefully the final can hone players to improve Cork's chances. I probably better not mention that the inter-county big3 or you'll lose it completely ;)

Especially Barrs of they win , 29 years in all that. They be pulling fellas out of the pub for munster championship.
I think Barr’s will win the final and I hope they do. They have the pace to do damage in Munster - ballygunner can be got at with a strong running game.

While the games were one sided yesterday have to say i enjoyed them - some superb scores. Few random thoughts:
- You won’t see 3 better goals of a Sunday anywhere in the country - Hayes was the best one I reckon, really slick team move; Cotter’s next - the turn of the wrists to flick the ball inside was Hoggy-esque, and Cunningham’s at the start of the second half was a deadly finish, great killer instinct
- Refereeing was on the soft side, moreso the first game - way too many whistles that could have been waved on. A yellow would have been plenty for twomey in the second game
- Of all the Barr’s young stars, 2 stand out a mile - Ethan Twomey and Ben Cunningham - the former seems to be getting better every time I see him, could play anywhere I’d say but stick him straight in to number 8 for cork. Cunningham unreal killer instinct… made a couple of brilliant runs in the first half (where he didn’t receive the pass) but was always alert to the goal opportunity. Corks next free taker surely
- don’t think the Barr’s went to sleep as others have said - Newtown had to come up with something and Barr’s took a while to figure out what to do with their spare man. Eoin Keane lumped plenty aimless high balls in that period, and Ethan twomey got an awful awkward bang that put him out of the game for a while
- John Cashman very impressive at 3 for the rockies; they probably have the more natural defenders - Meaney and Cathal Cormack very solid also
- lastly, charleville’s stock rises further - they had a mighty championship in fairness to them

Big three nonsense?? Glen Rovers have won it 27 times, Blackrock and Nationals 33 times, and St Finbarrs 25 times. That's a combined 85 of the 130 times between just three clubs. I think there's no denying a big 3 in the Cork club scene even if you don't like it.

I'd prefer to see The Glen in the final but if it's not to be then hopefully the final can hone players to improve Cork's chances. I probably better not mention that the inter-county big3 or you'll lose it completely ;)

When was the last Barrs/Rockies final?

Take your time 🙄

You could hear the crack of the contact in the stand, potentially sounded worse than it was, that, and Cunnigham's reaction, may have swayed the ref.

Tasty looking final, hopefully it's promoted well as it would be great to see the Pairc thronged.

Will it be a double header with Fr. O'Neills v Courceys?
Think its with castlemartyr v inniscarra,

Lol, something tells me you haven't been to too many All Ireland finals m8, in either code.

Thats the biggest load of drivel I've read im years.

From memory the All Ireland finals I've attended include Hurling in 82, 83, 84, 86, 90 1998minors, 2003, 2004 and football in 1981 (up with a Kerry pal) 1987, 88, 89, 90 and the one v Derry where Cahalane should've been sent off but Tony Davis got harshly sent off. and Camogie in 92 and 93. I've travelled the length and breadth of this country following GAA, particularly hurling and camogie Zero. I've probably forgotten more games than you've ever been to you pity.

From memory the All Ireland finals I've attended include Hurling in 82, 83, 84, 86, 90 1998minors, 2003, 2004 and football in 1981 (up with a Kerry pal) 1987, 88, 89, 90 and the one v Derry where Cahalane should've been sent off but Tony Davis got harshly sent off. and Camogie in 92 and 93. I've travelled the length and breadth of this country following GAA, particularly hurling and camogie Zero. I've probably forgotten more games than you've ever been to you pity.

So you havn't been to a final in 18 years?

Finger on the pulse alright.

And 40 years ago to the last barrs v rockies final tells us what regarding the big3 in Cork club hurling exactly?

That the 'Big 3' Is something thats a throwback to nearly half a century ago.

Amazing you Google the numbers of counties won but you miss that simple reality. :rolleyes:

Your waffle on GAA, like your waffle on rugby and soccer is just pure bluff. Barstool hurler.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cast
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

8th Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Le Boom

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼