2022 Premier Senior football

Hard to believe believe Nemo celebrated their half century by the winning their first senior championship and celebrated their centenary today with their 23rd. Love them or hate them it is some achievement to win an average of almost 1 out of 2 of the last 50 championships.

Hard to believe believe Nemo celebrated their half century by the winning their first senior championship and celebrated their centenary today with their 23rd. Love them or hate them it is some achievement to win an average of almost 1 out of 2 of the last 50 championships.
I don't know anyone that hates Nemo tbh - great club, always have good footballers, always play hard but fair, gracious in victory or defeat, fantastic source of talent for Cork teams always, they are the poster boys of Cork SF, others have come and gone, but they are the 🤴s

I don't know anyone that hates Nemo tbh - great club, always have good footballers, always play hard but fair, gracious in victory or defeat, fantastic source of talent for Cork teams always, they are the poster boys of Cork SF, others have come and gone, but they are the 🤴s
Yeah the just go about their business & more often than not, get the job done. The Barrs could learn a few things from them about doing their talking on the pitch.

I am a long time living away from Cork but my memory is that some of the more ‘traditional’ clubs envied them. I think they are an example on how to run a club properly on and off the pitch. A friend of mine took an under 12 team from Clare to play in a blitz in Trabeg about 10 years ago and couldn’t believe it when he saw Billy Morgan, Dinny Allen and Steven O’Brien taking underage training there.

I am a long time living away from Cork but my memory is that some of the more ‘traditional’ clubs envied them. I think they are an example on how to run a club properly on and off the pitch. A friend of mine took an under 12 team from Clare to play in a blitz in Trabeg about 10 years ago and couldn’t believe it when he saw Billy Morgan, Dinny Allen and Steven O’Brien taking underage training there.
My small fella is with a different club, all the underage teams are run by parents, mainly from other areas with no love of the club but all the u5 and u6 teams in Nemo are run by recent ex senior players.

In the past (70s and 80s, before my time) there was something of a noveaux riche feeling but that, to my knowledge, has faded. Nemo have as many wins since 72 as the big 3 in hurling combined.

But also not to forget that as impressive as the last 50 years are for Nemo, the Glen had 24 in 42 between '34 and '76.

After that.. Duhallow, Douglas and Clon are in the 2nd pot of teams, but with different qualifications and trajectories.
Douglas have never, nor will they ever come close to winning a senior county title. I’d back St Nicks to win one before Douglas do.

I strongly suspect that had Liam ODonovan been fit, last years final would have played out similarly to today, with Clon pulling up with plenty to spare.

Questions have to be asked of the Barrs sideline today, they were very tactically naive (not for the first time).

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼