2022 Premier Senior football

Is there a reluctance from younger lads to get involved in Divisional sides?
As far as I know there was only one u20 involved in the Carbery and Imokilly game. I havent looked at the Beara and Avondhu teams closely but I didnt notice too many there either.
While I know the LC is on surely there are a few who would have done it already.

Is there a reluctance from younger lads to get involved in Divisional sides?
As far as I know there was only one u20 involved in the Carbery and Imokilly game. I havent looked at the Beara and Avondhu teams closely but I didnt notice too many there either.
While I know the LC is on surely there are a few who would have done it already.
I’d say other factors influencing that also.

As you said LC is an issue for u19s. You’d also have a lot more dual players still at that age than you would as fellas get older, which might impact their involvement.

First summer since 2019 that students can go travelling for the summer, and a number of them will have committed to playing for MTU Cork/UCC which rules them out for their divisions.

Aghada have some fine players, think one of The Moores is involved coaching them. Next or near impossible with current club schedule for divisions to have preparation, lot of players want to prioritize their own clubs which is totally understandable particularly if they are duel clubs also. There s no real incentive playing a game or two and not going any further, with club championship around the corner.

Be surprised if the College or Duhallow do not come out of section in football and again College and Imokily in hurling.

A divisional championship in off season when county championships are done, could be attractive play it under lights in Pairc ui Chaoimh at end of the year and it could be hotly contested, no clashing with clubs, chance for lads to be put in shop window for county managers too at u20 and senior level, opportunity to see lads in a competitive environment at a good level.

For an offseason competition I'd love to see a divisional competition with everyone eligible, senior to junior. Totally separate to the the divisions playing in the championship (which i'm in favour of them being in). The best of the best in each division. Call it trials for the county panel if you want and play the final in the pairc. Like the Railway Cup but in Cork.

I’d say other factors influencing that also.

As you said LC is an issue for u19s. You’d also have a lot more dual players still at that age than you would as fellas get older, which might impact their involvement.

First summer since 2019 that students can go travelling for the summer, and a number of them will have committed to playing for MTU Cork/UCC which rules them out for their divisions.
Thats true. Didnt think of the college side of it.

Very weak Muskerry team out tonight, no Cill Na Martra player starting, no Macroom, Kilmurry, Naomh Aban players involved at all.

Massive potential for a strong squad, I understand why Sean O'Donoghue, Dano or Tadhg Corkery aren't involved but the team put out is still a lot weaker than it should be.

18 players togged out isn't a great sign of interest levels

Whatever about muskerry at least they fielded a team, what a fucking indictment of the city division that they have totally abdicated interest in this or the hurling although considering the way they treated their hurling management the last time….not good enough

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
All You Need Is Death (16)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

24th Apr 2024 @ 8:15 pm
More info..
More events ▼