2022 Premier Junior Hurling

Well done to Ballygiblin. Themselves and Russell Rovers seemed to be the standout teams in this grade. Ballygarvan are a coming team too. Although, based on what I saw of Tracton, the rest of this grade is quiet poor. As a spectacle, this game was a forgettable one. I know the sending off had a bearing on this game, but as already pointed out, Ballygiblin were always going to push on and win this game pulling up. Take the 1st minute goal out of it, Tracton were almost zero threat up front. Keeping Mark Keane free the whole game also didn't do their chances any good. He cleaned up and set up the Ballygiblin attack each time he was on the ball. Ballygiblin now go forward to the Munster Junior championship. There's obviously no ruling that the same team can't enter Munster 2 years in a row, so they got very lucky with how it fell. Another crack at the All Ireland and with players such as Shane Boston and Cathail O' Mahony added to their team.
Argideen ran ballygiblin to a couple points, 7 games in 8 weeks caught up with the last twenty mins of the RR game, think ballygarvan, RR, Argideen and kilbrittain will be in the mix next year

If Ballygiblin have any sense they wont try a leg in the Provencial. 2 years non stop go will have them killed for next yr. The 4 best teams were on the one side of the draw and TRACTON were v game but v limited. Ballygiblin could do a Castlemartyr and shoot up the grades. They have serious fire power with players to come back. They're a big parish who should on population be Prem Intermediate in both codes. Personally Id like to see Mark Keane given every chance in the Cork senior half back line next yr although I have my doubts whether his naturally aggressive abbrasive game would be seen as the modern Cork style.
Not try and win a Provincial, some rubbish!

Well done go Ballygiblin, really motoring now after being the poor relation within the club for generations. Lot of talk now around town that they will finally get the funding and backing that Mitchelstown have hogged for years, payed well over 50k to football coaches in recent years and two hurling counties now!

Ballygiblin 2-10 Grangemockler- Ballyneale 0-11

Second half goals from cathail o Mahony and Darragh Flynn sealed the crossroads venture to the semi Vs Waterfords Colligan in a Cork venue on Sunday the 20th

Ballygiblin 2-10 Grangemockler- Ballyneale 0-11

Second half goals from cathail o Mahony and Darragh Flynn sealed the crossroads venture to the semi Vs Waterfords Colligan in a Cork venue on Sunday the 20th
Saw the game. They were poor but got the job done
Flynn got couple good scores but definitely not right since injury.
Keane did some good things but some stupid things as usual, hard to believe people are talking about him for Cork team. Not a hope
Good game to get cobwebs out of system, should be better next day

I was at the game.
Ballygiblin were far from good but still got the job done.
I thought Mark Keane was very good , looks so comfortable at this level.
Inter county is a different discussion.
I thought probably only James Mullins, Mark Keane and Kilian Roche could be happy with their game.
Cathal O Mahony and Darragh Flynn certainly showed their class in flashes as well.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Io Capitano (15A)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

28th Apr 2024 @ 4:15 pm
More info..

Robot Dreams (G)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼