2022 Premier Junior Hurling

Well done to Ballygiblin. Themselves and Russell Rovers seemed to be the standout teams in this grade. Ballygarvan are a coming team too. Although, based on what I saw of Tracton, the rest of this grade is quiet poor. As a spectacle, this game was a forgettable one. I know the sending off had a bearing on this game, but as already pointed out, Ballygiblin were always going to push on and win this game pulling up. Take the 1st minute goal out of it, Tracton were almost zero threat up front. Keeping Mark Keane free the whole game also didn't do their chances any good. He cleaned up and set up the Ballygiblin attack each time he was on the ball. Ballygiblin now go forward to the Munster Junior championship. There's obviously no ruling that the same team can't enter Munster 2 years in a row, so they got very lucky with how it fell. Another crack at the All Ireland and with players such as Shane Boston and Cathail O' Mahony added to their team.

If Ballygiblin have any sense they wont try a leg in the Provencial. 2 years non stop go will have them killed for next yr. The 4 best teams were on the one side of the draw and TRACTON were v game but v limited. Ballygiblin could do a Castlemartyr and shoot up the grades. They have serious fire power with players to come back. They're a big parish who should on population be Prem Intermediate in both codes. Personally Id like to see Mark Keane given every chance in the Cork senior half back line next yr although I have my doubts whether his naturally aggressive abbrasive game would be seen as the modern Cork style.

That
If Ballygiblin have any sense they wont try a leg in the Provencial. 2 years non stop go will have them killed for next yr. The 4 best teams were on the one side of the draw and TRACTON were v game but v limited. Ballygiblin could do a Castlemartyr and shoot up the grades. They have serious fire power with players to come back. They're a big parish who should on population be Prem Intermediate in both codes. Personally Id like to see Mark Keane given every chance in the Cork senior half back line next yr although I have my doubts whether his naturally aggressive abbrasive game would be seen as the modern Cork style.
That modern cork style will be dead in the water under Pat Ryan who thankfully knows the value of a few good big ones

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

11th May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: 420 Comedy Show

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼