2022 Premier Junior Hurling

Bar Dripsey, seems like the majority of teams are at a similar level which shows that gradings are working in certain tiers anyway. You would think that the Barrs and the Glen may lose a player or two over the comings weeks with seniors so they may struggle after not picking up a win in the first match.

Russell Rovers and Ballygiblin are a bit clear of the rest imo
The momentum and confidence Ballygiblin have along with the return of a number of players from the football panel will see them a long way down the line in this grade. Regardless if their current injury backlog clears, they are probably frontrunners in any case.

Losing Rory Galvin was a big setback for Catherines and the game v Tracton will be season deciding for them. That should be a serious battle.
Argideen Rangers are a very strong well balanced outfit and there isn't much between the likes of themselves, Ballygarvan, Catherines and Milford. (Easy enough to say when you look at the results above I guess!).

Rusell Rovers should be there or therabouts too now that they have Josh Beausang back in the fold. He had a big impact coming off the bench on the weekend. Along with them, Kilbrittain will also be keeping the head down and should be in the mix. They're consistently performing over the years and have experience of winning big games.

I think unfortunately for Dripsey that they will likely be returning to Muskerry for next season. No shame on that as an awful lot of that panel gave their club days out that the rest of us can only dream of.

The Glen and the Barrs are probably at the mercy of their senior teams and I honestly have no idea what they will do....

Regardless of the name of the competition, it's an excellent grade for these teams with plenty competitive, well-organised games.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Frankie Boyle: Lap of Shame

Cork Opera House, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼