2022 Premier Junior Hurling

With everyone available I can't see any team standing in their way!
They'll be in shake up but wouldn't read a huge amount into that result. Dripsey would be extremely poor, they wouldn't even go close to the junior championship in muskerry next year when they're relegated
Ballygiblin game with ballygarvan will give a decent indicator of where they are

Is Colin English injured or what's the story? There had be rumours he was going back to a club in tipp

They'll be in shake up but wouldn't read a huge amount into that result. Dripsey would be extremely poor, they wouldn't even go close to the junior championship in muskerry next year when they're relegated
Ballygiblin game with ballygarvan will give a decent indicator of where they are

Is Colin English injured or what's the story? There had be rumours he was going back to a club in tipp
Colin wasn't on the program for Town footballers last Sunday either so must be some reason.

I work with a few lads who are involved with Ballygiblin/Mitchelstown and they said to me Colin was transferring in so he could transfer to a different club in Tipp. I was told that when he first went to them and that it would also only be for a year but he's there longer than that now so I don't know how true it is.
Darragh Flynn and Sean O'Sullivan are 2 big losses to them, not sure if Flynn was involved or not today. Haven't spoken to anyone at it or seen a report

Injured. Knee I think. Close enough to a return as far as I know. Definitely staying with both clubs this year. Flynn could be out for season from what I've heard. Missing 6 from All Ireland loss. Suppose Beston and O'Mahony not weakening it by any means!

I see some big names have hopped on the Ballygiblin bandwagon from the Mitchelstown footballers. Cathail O'Mahony who was man of the match in the avondhu hurling final a few years ago, Shane Beston at full forward and Lorcan Finn on the subs. Missing a few big names. If everyone played both codes out there they'd have been intermediate a few years ago. Very strong team even without Darragh Flynn, Colin English and Brick Walsh.

There's the added carrot of a second crack at the All Ireland this year. Must be big motivation with them. Cork clubs rattled the junior all ireland every year and this prem junior is of a higher standard now.

Awful result for Dripsey though, their core players that carried them are all touching 40 now.

I work with a few lads who are involved with Ballygiblin/Mitchelstown and they said to me Colin was transferring in so he could transfer to a different club in Tipp. I was told that when he first went to them and that it would also only be for a year but he's there longer than that now so I don't know how true it is.
Darragh Flynn and Sean O'Sullivan are 2 big losses to them, not sure if Flynn was involved or not today. Haven't spoken to anyone at it or seen a report
Colin is just back from inter railing and is injured anyway

Dripsey are definitely on the brink unfortunately, still starting lads who won them a club all Ireland 14 years ago, doesn’t seem to be much coming up underage either by all accounts. Hard to see anything but relegation for them this year.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Ben Portsmouth - This Is Elvis

Cork Opera House, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼