2022 Premier Junior Hurling

Crazy run. Rewind a year ago and they would have bitten your hand off for a North Cork, playing without some of their best players. Now they're 2 games away from a second county in a row.

Heard they had over 30 togged out for a second team challenge game some day last week. Riding some crest of a wave!
Ballygiblin have a pick of about 6k, they should be a Premier Intermediate side based on size.

If right was right Ballygiblin should be up Intermediate.
This grade isn't any higher than Divisional Junior A.
In my opinion it was a greater achievement & has done more for hurling in Ballygiblin winning there 2021 Division / County / Munster than possibly ever winning any Premier Glorified Junior A championship will do.

Teams like Dripsey, Barryroe, Glen, Barrs, St Catherines wouldn't win there Divisions.
There's no guarantee Argideen, Kilbritain, Milford would win divison too.

They should have scraped / revamped this grade as a once off by doing the same as in Football and promoting all the Divisional winners.

In my opinion it was a greater achievement & has done more for hurling in Ballygiblin winning there 2021 Division / County / Munster than possibly ever winning any Premier Glorified Junior A championship will do.

Teams like Dripsey, Barryroe, Glen, Barrs, St Catherines wouldn't win there Divisions.

They should have scraped / revamped this grade as a once off by doing the same as in Football and promoting all the Divisional winners.
To be perfectly honest I wouldn't put any house on Ballygiblin winning their division either if back in North Cork. Have been on a great run but likes of Glanworth and a few more are just as capable on their day!

You need to get out more 😉

Knock out stages should be pretty good in this grade now the groups are out of way, some lopsided enough games

Long term future looks grim for Dripsey, they'll hardly manage to beat Barr's. Saw they took a big beating in junior football too, seem to be really struggling

Knock out stages should be pretty good in this grade now the groups are out of way, some lopsided enough games

Long term future looks grim for Dripsey, they'll hardly manage to beat Barr's. Saw they took a big beating in junior football too, seem to be really struggling
They will beat the Barrs, no way that Barrs side would score 4-12 v Ballygarvan

The Glen would easily win the junior A division. Their 3rd team make the semi/quarters comfortably each year.

I assume Boom Boom you were not at the Ballygarvan game as with approx 15 minutes left B/Garven were winning 2-15 -0.-8 pts and started messing around and almost got caught. Dont know were the referee got the 5 mins extra time from.

B/garvan very unlucky could have beaten Ballygiblin and almost sneaked a draw with Argadeen.

I assume Boom Boom you were not at the Ballygarvan game as with approx 15 minutes left B/Garven were winning 2-15 -0.-8 pts and started messing around and almost got caught. Dont know were the referee got the 5 mins extra time from.

B/garvan very unlucky could have beaten Ballygiblin and almost sneaked a draw with Argadeen.
Heard same, ballygarvan just needed a win at weekend to avoid potential relegation but couldn't qualify so not the easiest game to keep focus once they were well ahead. I'd say they knew game was in bag and just got sloppy, left in 4 goals

After the senior win Barr's will surely be motivated, especially lads who are trying to impress and get on senior panel

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

115 Jazz Jam Sessions

115 Caf And Wine Bar, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼