2022 Premier Intermediate hurling

I assume that means the full management, when any manager finishes up it's usually the full group. I'd imagine they've had a few offers for next year
Always thought this group might split up as I'd imagine some of the selectors would have managerial aspirations of their own. Only time will tell.
Did some job this year in fairness.

Always thought this group might split up as I'd imagine some of the selectors would have managerial aspirations of their own. Only time will tell.
Did some job this year in fairness.
Ya that's fair point. It was a fairly unusual set up at club level
Plus people could have other things on in their life and can't commit the time required

Up to this year tipp had 2 senior grades of 16 teams so 32 teams.
It was then team 33 coming out as intermediate champions
Now by scrapping the second senior grade and renaming it premier intermediate you have team 17 coming out
Will make a massive difference to this competition going forward and I think Cork teams will struggle to make the impact on it compared to previous years. I can see the Tipp winners being ahead of all other counties
The reason we have a Senior A championship is to weaken the Divisions (i.e. Imokilly)

The CCB are cutting off there nose to spite there face.

The reason we have a Senior A championship is to weaken the Divisions (i.e. Imokilly)

The CCB are cutting off there nose to spite there face.
Hard one to get right in county size of Cork

I know it's a bonus and winning the county is number one aim, but it would be a shame if we don't see Cork winners regularly getting a decent shot at getting to play in Croke Park just because of a competition name. It's a massive opportunity for normal club players to play there.
Over the years the likes of ballinhassig, ballymartle, Blarney, Kanturk, fr O'Neills got there and it was some buzz for their clubs
Tipp is a strong hurling county, most days their 2nd tier winners will defeat corks 3rd tier winners. There will be exceptions no doubt but will be rare I'd imagine

Possibly the clubs should have voted to remove our 5th grade and have 4 grades- Senior, premier intermediate, intermediate A, Junior

Hard one to get right in county size of Cork

I know it's a bonus and winning the county is number one aim, but it would be a shame if we don't see Cork winners regularly getting a decent shot at getting to play in Croke Park just because of a competition name. It's a massive opportunity for normal club players to play there.
Over the years the likes of ballinhassig, ballymartle, Blarney, Kanturk, fr O'Neills got there and it was some buzz for their clubs
Tipp is a strong hurling county, most days their 2nd tier winners will defeat corks 3rd tier winners. There will be exceptions no doubt but will be rare I'd imagine

Possibly the clubs should have voted to remove our 5th grade and have 4 grades- Senior, premier intermediate, intermediate A, Junior
Clubs won't vote for that as they like to be called a "Senior" club for the sake of it.

Any club playing Senior A is not a senior club in my opinion.

Looking at it we've great club championships now in Cork really competitive. Group stages are excellent, every game counting

But id probably tweek it to 4 Grades-

Senior
Premier intermediate
Intermediate A
Junior

16 teams in each. 4 groups of 4 with same format as current championship.
Top 2 teams in group qualify for quarter finals, top team in group plays a runner up from another group

4 bottom teams from each group go to relegation - 2 semi finals with losers playing in relegation final.

In that format you'd have 64 clubs so actually 4 more than at moment, so plenty clubs still getting to play at county board level.

Added bonus then that all Cork winners should be competitive at provincial level

Looking at it we've great club championships now in Cork really competitive. Group stages are excellent, every game counting

But id probably tweek it to 4 Grades-

Senior
Premier intermediate
Intermediate A
Junior

16 teams in each. 4 groups of 4 with same format as current championship.
Top 2 teams in group qualify for quarter finals, top team in group plays a runner up from another group

4 bottom teams from each group go to relegation - 2 semi finals with losers playing in relegation final.

In that format you'd have 64 clubs so actually 4 more than at moment, so plenty clubs still getting to play at county board level.

Added bonus then that all Cork winners should be competitive at provincial level
What about divisions?

What about divisions?
That's what I was thinking after I wrote the above post. Problem there then alright if the premier intermediate players then can play with division teams, makes them too strong in some cases, imokilly being the obvious ones

The day is nearly coming to get rid of the divisions in championship I think

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jeito Moleque
The Kino, Washington Street West

12th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼