2022 Premier Intermediate hurling

Up to this year tipp had 2 senior grades of 16 teams so 32 teams.
It was then team 33 coming out as intermediate champions
Now by scrapping the second senior grade and renaming it premier intermediate you have team 17 coming out
Will make a massive difference to this competition going forward and I think Cork teams will struggle to make the impact on it compared to previous years. I can see the Tipp winners being ahead of all other counties
It's the CCB's fault afaik the senior b winners in Dublin play in the Leinster intermediate championship or used to anyways.

It's the CCB's fault afaik the senior b winners in Dublin play in the Leinster intermediate championship or used to anyways.
I do know from talking to tipp lads I know lots of clubs didn't want the change up there as they liked to be called a "senior" club
But I'd say right now the likes of Roscrea aren't complaining
On a level playing field for two traditional hurling counties like cork and tipp it should be fr O'Neills there today.
And that's not being disrespectful to inniscarra, they put in a great year and obviously put in a decent show today against the odds really

I do know from talking to tipp lads I know lots of clubs didn't want the change up there as they liked to be called a "senior" club
But I'd say right now the likes of Roscrea aren't complaining
I don't get that though, deep down just because you are Senior b club, you're basically premier intermediate. They should never be two senior grades, you're either a senior club or you're not.

I don't get that though, deep down just because you are Senior b club, you're basically premier intermediate. They should never be two senior grades, you're either a senior club or you're not.
Exactly, I'd prefer to be intermediate and have a shot at getting to play in Croke Park with my club than trying to keep an artificial status for sake of appearance

Senior B is a bit like getting invited to the afters of a wedding. Not good enough for the top table. Senior in name but that’s about it.
I must admit I find the GAA's higgeldy piggeldy approach to things to be highly entertaining. This is just one example. Disciplinary procedures & paying coaches are two obvious other areas. Irish solutions to Irish problems I suppose.

I see on the Echo inniscarra management are moving on. Anyone know who they are going to?
Hard on inniscarra to lose them after only one season, but I guess they got what they wanted

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Tony Roberts

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼