2022 Premier Intermediate hurling

Castlelyons 0-14 Watergrasshill 0-14 Mildly surprised with that, thought Castlelyons would be over them. Scored 0-14 again this time out, same last weekend, they don't seem to be putting up their usual scores.
I went to this last night. It was no classic but a feisty affair. The Hill really went after Castlelyons, got completely stuck into them. A proper derby.

Colm Barry went off injured half way through the second half and poor Colm Spillanes injuries look to have really affected him. Niall O Leary had a great physical battle at wing back with his marker who looked to have been put specifically on him to man mark him. The Hill tried to bypass O Leary as often as possible which made him quiet enough, however when they needed him most he thundered into the game and hit a monster point towards the end.

Daire O Leary likewise for the Hill had a fine game. The Hill were very abrasive despite looking like the smaller team, non more so then him. He's a fair unit. Seemed to be playing as a sweeper. Hit 2 great scores. Be very interesting to see what plans Pat Ryan has for him. Full back or wing back. I think he should be tried in both. The fellow who impressed me the most was Sean Desmond, he was a Cork U20 panellist last year. Really worked his backside off. Hill withdrew deep so at times it was Desmond and another forward v 4 or 5 Castlelyons backs. He never let the ball out easy and plundered 3 points for himself and won numerous frees. One of his points was a pure peach out by the sideline under pressure from his marker. Not sure if he's senior inter county standard but possibly worth a look.

Castlelyons butchered 2 goal chances and the Hill 1. I felt Castlelyons had the better hurlers but Hills workrate ensured that they stayed with them and a draw was a fair result.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
KAWALA
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

10th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼