2022 Intermediate A football

Kilshannig 2-15 Mitchelstown 0-9. Full time.

Kilshannig were the superior team today both physically and football-wise. They were very strong on the ball, a very well conditioned team to be fair to them. I'd love to know who organises their S&C. I know Will Twomey from Kilworth has been involved in recent years.

Killian and Éanna O' Hanlon orchestrated things in midfield. They were both outstanding. Colm O' Shea kept Cathail O' Mahony very quiet, so quite that Cathail got blackcarded after being dispossessed out of frustration. Mark Keane was very quiet too. Éanna beat him hands down in midfield. Kilshannig ran at pace at Mitchelstown whereas Mitchelstown's attack was slower and more laboured.

Mitchelstown always show promise at the start of the year but fail to do it when at the business end of championship. They are certainly good enough to get out of this grade but they could miss the boat too if they don't do it sooner rather than later. I think Kilshannig should win it out now. Talk about finding form at the right time. They now seem to have a full squad and are now moving at full throttle.
On the S&C side of things, by all accounts Will Twomey gone to Bride Rovers this year so local men Richie O’Hanlon and Big John O’Riordan are looking after them in that department.. O’Hanlon doing the running/fitness, O’Riordan doing the bulk of the gym work

4 weeks today at the earliest I am told. Kilshannig involved in hurling final in Avondhu so that is taking preference and if they win that it could go back even further. Again that's what I'm being told.

Kilshannig 2.15
Mitchelstown 9 points

Town tried hard early 2nd half
Got back to 5 points with 15 to go but Kilshannig kicked on.
That's a massive win for Killshannig, they seem to be peaking at just the right time in fairness to them. Very disappointing from Town with all the talent at their disposal.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Io Capitano (15A)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

1st May 2024 @ 8:05 pm
More info..

Comedy Cavern: Fin Taylor

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼