2022 Intermediate A football

Mitchelstown will take it this year. The bad luck with injuries can’t keep happening!

Kilshannig will win it next year and I’d fancy Aghabullogue to rattle it when Gillespie comes of age.

Aghabullogue are a fine team just don’t have any big ball winners in the middle of the pitch. They’re not giving up scores easy this year under new bright management. They’re just a couple years off of it.

Kilshannig still have qualification in their own hands too, beat Gabriel Rangers and they qualify, looking at point difference.

It would be some kick in the teeth for Gabriel Rangers winning the other two games and possibly not qualifying.
If Adrigole put up a score on Ballydesmond which is quite possible considering they have leaked 3.16 & 3.18 in their 2 games to date it should be enough for them to qualify.

Any of the 3 could now finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd.
Would Kilshannig be too strong for Gabriel Rangers??
You never know ho kilshannig could react to the defeat to Adrigole but Gabriel’s are a stubborn team.

If I was a betting man though I’d back kilshannig obviously I suppose but the reasoning is more that Gabriel’s have beaten a ballydesmond team that just don’t seem to be performing and we still need to remember Gabriel’s won against Adrigole with 2 penalties and were down 8 points to 1 so still not sure whether that was a great comeback or just being left off the hook by Adrigole who only performed for 20 mins.
The answer to that question could sway my opinion big time but based solely off Adrigole’s 60 minutes against kilshannig I’d say it was probably the latter but I wasn’t there so that’s a presumption

I think Mitchelstown are by far the ones to beat here, we were playing Ballygiblin tonight in a challenge and they seem very confident going into the football this week. The civil war (purely tongue in cheek don't take it to heart) seems to have ended out there with their best players representing both clubs in both codes for the first time in a while. The one danger to Mitchelstown is the discipline, its caught them before. If they keep the heads and put on the blinkers I can't see anyone stopping the Mitchelstown/Ballygiblin double this year.

Very poor performance and not expected. There juniors also a big hiding last night v buttevant 3.18 to 0.2
It was a poor performance by kilshannig but I thought adrigole shut up shop very well.
Kilshannig were 7 3 up after 20 mins.
Adrigole were tough in the tackle and deserved the win.
Completely dominant in last 20 mins.
Be an interesting final round of games in a few weeks

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Throwback Thursdays - Spring Break Party

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼