2022 Intermediate A football

A lot of talk about Mitchelstown and Kilshannig. Anyone have an outsider fancy?
Gabriel Rangers came down from Premier Intermediate and not a word about them, quietly going about their business with lads involved in a very organized Carbery Senior team. Also traditionally teams coming from Junior always fare well, Boherbue through to a q final and have a lovely game now where they can test themselves against Mitchelstown, that will be some preparation for a q final, they wo nt fear many.

Gabriel Rangers came down from Premier Intermediate and not a word about them, quietly going about their business with lads involved in a very organized Carbery Senior team. Also traditionally teams coming from Junior always fare well, Boherbue through to a q final and have a lovely game now where they can test themselves against Mitchelstown, that will be some preparation for a q final, they wo nt fear many.
Think a case can be made for boherbue as most junior teams do well after coming up and they've qualified from the toughest group.

Not sure about Gabriel's. Got lucky against adrigole by all accounts and only pulled away in injury time against ballydesmond. If they put it up to kilshannig that could completely change my opinion

A lot of talk about Mitchelstown and Kilshannig. Anyone have an outsider fancy?
Boherbue I would have new kid on the block bounce but a beating by mitchelstown could dent confidence. Glanworth are playing in a higher level in the league but are always found out in championship . I always fear Aghabullogue they are always up for a fight and could be hard to beat. To be honest very little between 10 or 12 teams and on any given day they can all beat each other
To Sum up ranking by what we have seen to date in my opinion
1. Mitchelstown 2 Boherbue
3. Gabriel's 4.aghabullogue
5.St. finbarrs 6.Kildorrery
7.Adrigole 8.St Nicks
9.Glanworth 10.Kilshanig
11. Glanmire 12.Ballinora
13.Glenville 14 Dromtarriffe
15 . Millstreet 16 Bdesmond

Boherbue I would have new kid on the block bounce but a beating by mitchelstown could dent confidence. Glanworth are playing in a higher level in the league but are always found out in championship . I always fear Aghabullogue they are always up for a fight and could be hard to beat. To be honest very little between 10 or 12 teams and on any given day they can all beat each other
7.Adrigole 8.St Nicks
9.Glanworth 10.Kilshanig
Big drop there for Kilshannig, #10 . Considering they can still finish top of their group and knock out the third ranked team.
The Boherbue v M ' town game could be interesting.
Agree most of the teams could all beat each other on any given day, competitive championship, that will improve with the teams coming up from divisions.
Three teams from Duhallow could go down which will bolster that junior championship which always v competitive.

They wouldn’t be going back to Duhallow though, rather the new Premier Junior grade. There’d be 4 Duhallow teams in that grade if it happens with the divisional winners this year joining them

7.Adrigole 8.St Nicks
9.Glanworth 10.Kilshanig
Not sure what Boherbue have done to be ranked number 2. They have beaten probably two out of the three worst teams in it, and weren't particularly impressive in beating either. Mitchelstown are the best in it by a mile, Aghabullogue and Kilshanning the only potential challengers

Not sure what Boherbue have done to be ranked number 2. They have beaten probably two out of the three worst teams in it, and weren't particularly impressive in beating either. Mitchelstown are the best in it by a mile, Aghabullogue and Kilshanning the only potential challengers
Wouldn’t have Boherbue ranked number 2 myself, but if at full strength then Glanmire and Millstreet are arguably in the top 8 teams in the grade.

Mitchelstown strongest, Kilshannig probably next contenders if they get both O’Hanlons fit. Aghabullogue would be next then, they’ve been there or thereabouts a long time, but were well beaten by Glanmire in group stages last year who you think are a bottom three team..

Group draw was very lopsided this year, put 8/9 of the teams in the grade into a group with Boherbue and Mitchelstown and they’d be struggling too.

Gabriel Rangers had a poor league but look to have turned it around. I think Barrs might struggle in the last game after losing a few more players to senior.

Kildorrery nowhere near the 6th best team in it, lost every league game and have won 1 championship game in 2 years, just lucky with the group they got.

Personally wouldn’t agree with long roads take on rankings.

For me it’d be something like this based on league and championship over last couple years:

1. Mitchelstown
2. Kilshannig
3. Aghabullogue
4. Boherbue
5. Gabriel Rangers
6. Glanworth
7. Glanmire
8. Adrigole
9. Millstreet
10. Nicks
11. Dromtarriffe
12. Ballinora
13. Barrs
14. Kildorrery
15. Glenville
16. Ballydesmond

Places 7-15 fairly interchangeable to be honest. 1 or 2 players missing for a team and that changes things in a big way then.

Have the Barrs actually lost many to their senior team so far? Can’t see them losing to Dromtarriffe unless there have been massive changes.
They lost Dylan Quinn and Bill O’Connell this weekend, if their next intermediate game is before their next senior one then they’ll have a better chance of progressing for sure.

A lot of dual players their so injuries could become an issue as season goes on, they used a lot of players in last years senior championship.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

All You Need Is Death (16)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:15pm

More events ▼