2021 County Senior Football Championship

Hard to fathom the negativity here after a Barrs win, methinks it’s sour grapes, I don’t particularly like them either but fair play on winning it. Good results in the Corn Ui Mhuri and Munster Club, yes the problems are still there but at least were seeing a few positives and momentum.Not exactly Barr’s fault the lads from Kerry were not stacked with big names.
It's the Hurling Snob mentality , flip it and see the comments if it was a Hurling club provincial decider. We would have fellas here roaring from the Roof tops " Oh Jesus Cork Club hurling is back Munster , it can only mean good things for the Cork team ". The reality is we are behind Kerry and the other top teams but progress like yesterday is being made , but listen we have that Minority in Cork who love to have a dig at anything "Cork Football".

Weren't the kirry mob favourites in that game too?

Kilcoo have a lot of experience and will certainly be a very hard nut to crack but the Barrs are in bonus territory now anyway. I hope they give it a lash and succeed.
It’s not bonus territory, we are looking to go all the way . Unlike 2018 there will be no wild celebrations this week
Kilcoo 2/9 Barrs 4/1
That’s a mad price, if we manage to play for the full hour we will rattle anyone

It’s not bonus territory, we are looking to go all the way . Unlike 2018 there will be no wild celebrations this week

That’s a mad price, if we manage to play for the full hour we will rattle anyone
It’s 100 per cent bonus territory, great win yesterday, well deserved. Best of luck to the Barrs, but they won’t beat Kilcoo.

They’re far better organised, better conditioned and have better footballers. Bookies have this one right. This Barrs team has character and won’t go down without a fight, they might get close but I can’t see them getting over the line.

It’s 100 per cent bonus territory, great win yesterday, well deserved. Best of luck to the Barrs, but they won’t beat Kilcoo.

They’re far better organised, better conditioned and have better footballers. Bookies have this one right. This Barrs team has character and won’t go down without a fight, they might get close but I can’t see them getting over the line.
Agree with your other posts and this one to an extent but think the odds are a bit wrong but Kilcoo would still be favourites for sure.

Kilcoo meet teams that sit back and almost play damage limitation. They got no test at all yesterday. The Barrs will have a go and push up on them at the very least. We saw that against Haven and we saw it yesterday in the first half. It can be costly sometimes but they’re there to have a proper go at winning rather than keeping the score down. Has to be respected and I think they’ll frighten Kilcoo but Kilcoo are a serious side.

In some aspects an AI semi is bonus territory for all sides. Not many sit down in January and aim for an AI club title.

Bonus territory my hole, all ireland semi finals are no bonus territory, if we listened to you we might as well stay at home

are we favourites? No. Will we give it a right go? Yes. Will we win? Only time will tell

Bonus territory my hole, all ireland semi finals are no bonus territory, if we listened to you we might as well stay at home

are we favourites? No. Will we give it a right go? Yes. Will we win? Only time will tell
Paul o keefe said today these lads want to emulate men of 1980s. great club. I have an elderly uncle in a nursing home, loved the Barrs. the chairman sent him a lovely letter recently,

Paul o keefe said today these lads want to emulate men of 1980s. great club. I have an elderly uncle in a nursing home, loved the Barrs. the chairman sent him a lovely letter recently,
Yep, that’s what we are all about, unlike 2018, quite understandable as that was in the circumstances , these players aren’t resting on their laurels anymore . we’ll see where it brings us

Agree with your other posts and this one to an extent but think the odds are a bit wrong but Kilcoo would still be favourites for sure.

Kilcoo meet teams that sit back and almost play damage limitation. They got no test at all yesterday. The Barrs will have a go and push up on them at the very least. We saw that against Haven and we saw it yesterday in the first half. It can be costly sometimes but they’re there to have a proper go at winning rather than keeping the score down. Has to be respected and I think they’ll frighten Kilcoo but Kilcoo are a serious side.

In some aspects an AI semi is bonus territory for all sides. Not many sit down in January and aim for an AI club title.
Maybe the odds are slightly off but I wouldn’t go near it, favourable odds are only good if the outsiders are going to win, and I’d be fairly sure they won’t.

Would love to see them do it but can’t see it, Barrs have good footballers and plenty of spirit but they’re a bit green tactically. I look at how they struggled to get over the line against an inferior Clon teams defensive system and you can be sure Kilcoo are far far superior in this regard.

No doubt they’ll give them plenty of it but it’ll be a step too far barring a miracle.

Your point about bonus territory is what I was getting at…it’s bonus territory for 99% of teams as very very few teams are targeting an AI at the start of the season.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Soviet Milk (NC) [Baltic Film Festival]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼